website statistics
On 14.08.2017 at 16:49, hckosice said:

A bit old, but did found that just today, :d Our women´s team during the summer preparation found some "rest time" to celebrate Paulína Fialková name day with some notable hiking :d

image.jpeg

Krivan?

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

See? That's already one quota not being used, why not give it to the next best non-qualified nation on the IBU points list? :smash:

In fact teams which have qualified 5 or 6 athletes have 1 or 2 athletes just for substitute because there are no disciplines with 5 or more athletes from one country. Teams even don't have commitment to use their substitutes, so some athletes can be in the team but not to compete at the Olympics.

I think maybe the IBU don't want to have more than 90 athletes in the sprint and individual races for Olympics. If the IBU will take one quota from the country with 5 or 6 athletes  and will give it to country with less than 4 athletes - it will create one more place for start lists in these races.

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2017
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hckosice said:

I just found why Otčenáš and Faur had blue times. They had both 12 seconds deducted from their times, because there was apparently a huge crush of athletes arriving at same time during the first prone shooting so both Otčenáš and Faur just somehow haven´t any place nowhere where to lie and shoot :lol:

No. Faur took +30 seconds and drop outside top-40. I don't know why :)

May be Sinapov interrupted to Otčenáš.

Edited by Dmitry

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2017
Posted

Shipulin and Fourcade Reconcile with Handshake 

After an intense exchange of comments between France’s Martin Fourcade and Russia’s Anton Shipulin at the press conference following the mixed relay on Thursday; both sides cooled down. They talked it out and got together during today’s sprint competition at the IBU World Championships in Hochfilzen. The two biathlon stars greeted each other, shook hands and hugged today after some tense moments two days ago.