website statistics
2 hours ago, Josh said:

:CAN with the team quota! :wub::cheer:

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

To be honest, the Italian girls during the interview seemed more excited to be in a Sanremo's clip than to have qualified for Paris. :p

My congratulations to Canada and Italy. It was a fair battle for quota and fair winners.

Our team was not stable enough. Girls did all the best but... you know.

It is very important that our diving team performed well - so the National Federation will get some support, Otherwise entire future of artistic swimming in Ukraine will be in doubt.

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Italy, but not that it matters IMO. Spain could possibly secure a team quota tomorrow, which would reallocate the duet quota to Canada (I think)

Canada is also in the mix for a team quota, but based off of free prelims, it’s safe to say that Canada won’t be qualifying a team, so the quota is unlikely to go to a nation further down in the rankings. 

I think Canada`s chances for team quoata are very strong. Today there was a big problen with ACRO-C. But fixing it is sure way to Olympics.

image.png

5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Unfortunately, I had read about the Ukrainian team's story, and I can imagine how challenging it must be to train with hearts full of pain and minds elsewhere. But I must also say that it's not the first year the team hasn't trained in Kharkiv, and I had seen the girls both in Fukuoka and especially during the World Cup. I had never seen such marked errors, an unprecedented distraction in the water. In fact, during the World Cup, they had performed quite well.

I hope the Ukrainian girls recover in the three team events; they truly deserve to go to Paris. And above all, Slava Ukraine!

Herojam slava! Thank you very much for your words and support. 
People from so many countries helped our athletes that I cannot mention all of them here without creating offtop (I think all the countries of forums members writing here). Ukrainians are very grateful for this support.

And beeing specific on artisitic swimming, our team got a great support from LEN, Italian national federation and Paolo Barelli personally. The entire team is grateful for the hospitality in Ostia in March 2022. Trainings in Ostia were invaluable for us. I wish Italian team to seal its ticket to Paris.

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

WTF HAPPNED?! :question:

Total debacle, indeed. Errors in leg elements, lack of synchronization... A disaster. I'm truly sorry, but I've never seen something so negative from the Ukrainians. It's more like what you'd expect from Morocco or second-tier Caribbean nations.

The good news is that Uzbekistan is in the final :)

The main (and truly the only proper) sport base for artistic swimming in Ukraine was situated in Kharkiv.

Kharkiv is under a heavy shelling from russians from the very beginning of the war.

The national team was evacuated to Kyiv, basin in Kharkiv was hit by russians and its heating system (icluding hot water supply) was desroyed. 

In Kyiv they have to share basin with the divers and do not have the same number of working hours as in their own basin.

So, its a pity but their mistakes have external reason named 'russia' and it is not not their fault.

I hope in team event Ukraine will win its license. This girls really deserve it.