website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Apparently tonights official training and press conference are cancelled.

Yup. But they are on their way.

Temporary coach is 1992 hero John "Faxe" Jensen

The confirmed players right now are 12 from 3rd tier clubs and 2 from the 4th tier, while it does also seem like some futsal players are going (about half the latest squad)

I guess there's one positive thing about this. We have a good chance to take away the flag of Nazi Germany from our Wikipedia page (Biggest defeat)

The attitudes towards the players and coaches differs quite a lot. To some people they are heroes, saving the National team while the greedy top players are destroying it. Others call them strikebreakers and traitors and hope that they will be injured (I'm sure that if I decided to look for it, some would even say killed) or never have their carreers go anywhere and some are even talking about blocking their way to the match against Wales sunday.-

I honestly can't quite decide whether I should laugh or cry

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

I guess there's one positive thing about this. We have a good chance to take away the flag of Nazi Germany from our Wikipedia page (Biggest defeat)

Hey man, do you forget you are going to play Slovakia, the country that can play 0-0 with Gibraltars "B" squad ? :d we are the champions of the flops against so-called "weaker" teams, honestly, I would prefer rather a match against your top team, we would have bigger chances for a good result against stronger opponent than now, I can already easily see how we will lose tomorrow and became again the mockery of europe :lol:

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Hey man, do you forget you are going to play Slovakia, the country that can play 0-0 with Gibraltars "B" squad ? :d we are the champions of the flops against so-called "weaker" teams, honestly, I would prefer rather a match against your top team, we would have bigger chances for a good result against stronger opponent than now, I can already easily see how we will lose tomorrow and became again the mockery of europe :lol:

Well. If not in Slovakia then at home in Aarhus against Wales sunday ;) (if they don't miraculously get to a deal)

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Damn, the bookmakers know it :mad:

Seriously, you go to look at the odds days after this problem first emerged? :d 

Odds were already slashed on the first day this sounded like it got serious :p 

The main thing in terms of betting now is keeping a very close eye on the team against Wales, if for some magical reason the best players come back and play there, there might be some good value to bet on Denmark in that match (if bookmakers still have the odds of Wales vs an amateur team).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Odds were already slashed on the first day this sounded like it got serious :p 

The main thing in terms of betting now is keeping a very close eye on the team against Wales, if for some magical reason the best players come back and play there, there might be some good value to bet on Denmark in that match (if bookmakers still have the odds of Wales vs an amateur team).

There are 2 possible magical reasons...

1: The federation is told by UEFA that if they don't send their "real" team up against Wales, it's a ban. 

2: The players union suddenly decide to say fine, we'll go with your temporary deal.

As the federation have said that there are no more negotiations this week, I'm not even sure the 2nd would do.

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I still somehow thought (had hope - you know, hope dies last) they will fix it and play with their top team...:(

btw there a lot of discussions in Slovakia right now because of this, peoples claiming they want to return their tickets or just being reimbursed as the tickets were around 15-30 EUR and peoples are claiming they were tricked.

Also the NT coach is angry as heck, this match was supposed to be our last test before the Nations League, which is for us a important possibility to qualify for the EURO but now this match (as he said) has absolutely no importance and sense for us. Peoples are even claiming our federation should send a official complaint to UEFA, because we had a deal with DEN to play this (as preparation for the game in Ukraine next week - really important for us) but not to play against some "C" or even "D" team...  :lol:

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I still somehow thought (had hope - you know, hope dies last) they will fix it and play with their top team...:(

btw there a lot of discussions in Slovakia right now because of this, peoples claiming they want to return their tickets or just being reimbursed as the tickets were around 15-30 EUR and peoples are claiming they were tricked.

Also the NT coach is angry as heck, this match was supposed to be our last test before the Nations League, which is for us a important possibility to qualify for the EURO but now this match (as he said) has absolutely no importance and sense for us. Peoples are even claiming our federation should send a official complaint to UEFA, because we had a deal with DEN to play this (as preparation for the game in Ukraine next week - really important for us) but not to play against some "C" or even "D" team...  :lol:

And the pressure escalated much so our National Federation just announced that the tickets for the match will cost exactly 1 EURO :lol: all peoples who already bought tickets will be reimbursed 

source in SVK https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/354450/sfz-reagoval-na-dansky-konflikt-a-urobil-ustretovy-krok-pre-fanusikov-slovenska/