Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

bestmen

Boxing 2018 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    3,424
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, bestmen said:

:MEXLuis Nery is Indefinitely Suspended By The WBC:yikes:

this guy won 26 Fights and lost 0

And had a positive test after his last fight of 2017, and this week lost his world title because he was way, way, way too heavy for his title fight. Destroyed the Japanese former world champion (logically, when you're much heavier), but could not win his title because of the weigth problem.

Amateur:facepalm:

Edited by heywoodu

Gianlu33    921

Boxing federation is close to expelling 36 referees and judges suspended at Rio 2016

heywoodu    3,424
2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Boxing federation is close to expelling 36 referees and judges suspended at Rio 2016

They're taking their sweet time. Next on the list: expel themselves. Turn the lights off at the AIBA office, bury that building deep in the earth and never look back again. 

• Like 2

heywoodu    3,424

Time for the real stuff instead of AIBA. Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker will face off in front of almost 80.000 people in Cardiff tonight, in around 45 minutes. Heavyweight world titles in the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO are at stake, winner probably/hopefully fights against WBC champion Deontay Wilder later on. 

phelps    586
27 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Time for the real stuff instead of AIBA. Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker will face off in front of almost 80.000 people in Cardiff tonight, in around 45 minutes. Heavyweight world titles in the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO are at stake, winner probably/hopefully fights against WBC champion Deontay Wilder later on. 

with the cheating coward Joshua involved, it can't be "the real stuff"...:whistle:

heywoodu    3,424
2 minutes ago, phelps said:

with the cheating coward Joshua involved, it can't be "the real stuff"...:whistle:

What'd he do to piss you off? :d 

phelps    586
7 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

What'd he do to piss you off? :d 

London 2012 Gold Medal bout...just that should be enough (but I can add his entire AIBA career before that infamous day)...

actually, it wasn't him directly, but still he was the one who got the benefit of that criminal afternoon...:evil:

moreover, I've never liked him as a boxer...his style, his (poor) technical skills...

obviously, I know it's gone beyond any reasonable analysis...at this point, it's something personal...;)

but still...I just can't stand him...

heywoodu    3,424
15 minutes ago, phelps said:

London 2012 Gold Medal bout...just that should be enough (but I can add his entire AIBA career before that infamous day)...

actually, it wasn't him directly, but still he was the one who got the benefit of that criminal afternoon...:evil:

moreover, I've never liked him as a boxer...his style, his (poor) technical skills...

obviously, I know it's gone beyond any reasonable analysis...at this point, it's something personal...;)

but still...I just can't stand him...

I have no idea of 2012, did he happen to fight an Italian? :d 

heywoodu    3,424

Povetkin knocked out Price with a huge blow, some symbolic stuff there (Russian KO'ing a British fighter in GBR in these days) :p 

phelps    586
12 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

I have no idea of 2012, did he happen to fight an Italian? :d 

of course the biggest cheating happened in that final bout against Cammarelle (ITA), but the whole tournament was gifted to him by the corrupted judges (a few of them were even caught with their hands on the marmelade...ops...with money they shouldn't have on their accounts, I mean)...

in round 1, he met Erislandy Savon (CUB) and it was a robbery, then he had a controversial win against the Chinese Zhang...after that, he robbed Ivan Dychko (KAZ) in the semifinal bout and finally there was that Gold medal bout, which is in my opinion second only to Roy Jones Jr.'s scandal in Seoul 1988...

p.s. all those matches are still available on youtube...everybody can watch them...

heywoodu    3,424
40 minutes ago, phelps said:

of course the biggest cheating happened in that final bout against Cammarelle (ITA), but the whole tournament was gifted to him by the corrupted judges (a few of them were even caught with their hands on the marmelade...ops...with money they shouldn't have on their accounts, I mean)...

in round 1, he met Erislandy Savon (CUB) and it was a robbery, then he had a controversial win against the Chinese Zhang...after that, he robbed Ivan Dychko (KAZ) in the semifinal bout and finally there was that Gold medal bout, which is in my opinion second only to Roy Jones Jr.'s scandal in Seoul 1988...

p.s. all those matches are still available on youtube...everybody can watch them...

How about that Russian who got beat to a pulp by the Irish guy in Rio but still got the win, even though he got beat so bad he couldn't even enter the semi's :lol:

phelps    586
Posted (edited)
1 ora fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

How about that Russian who got beat to a pulp by the Irish guy in Rio but still got the win, even though he got beat so bad he couldn't even enter the semi's :lol:

well, we can say the same for all of Tischchenko's matches in Rio...he was literally driven to the Gold without deserving to win any single match he did fight...

the truth is that in the last 2 Olympics we've seen some of the most shameful episodes of the history of the Games in the Boxing tournaments...:evil:

after Beijing 2008 (and Milan 2009 Worlds, the last reasonably fair event) AIBA just fell down in a hole of "adjusted fights" and corruption that was rarely seen before (as I wrote, only in Seoul 1988 I saw even worse decisions)...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps