website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Archery WA World Cup 2021



Recommended Posts

First stage of Archery World Cup ended today in Guatemala City.

 

A reduced field in most events, but athletes from 3 continents were present, among them most of the main contenders for the remaining team quotas at the Olympics.

 

But let's start with Compound, where the :USA won gold medals in women's team and men's individual, adding 3 bronzes to their count. Two other American nations obtained gold: :COL in women's individual, but this time through Nora Valdez instead of Sara López, while Mexico took the men's team title, and a couple of silvers in women's & mixed team events. It could have been a complete swept by the host continent, but Danes Stephan Hansen & Tanja Gellenthien hit a dozen 10's in a row to defeat the Mexicans in the final match.

 

Now, regarding recurve individual events, :IND Atanu Das & Deepika Kumari took the top spot in the podium, with Mexico taking both bronze medals (Ángel Alvarado & Alejandra Valencia); Daniel Castro from :ESP earned two medals, silver in individuals and a team Gold, while Mackenzie Brown once again was the best US women also earning silver.

 

Now, talking about the men team competition, as said previously the spanish squad took the first position, and showing a good form after sending out a couple of tough rivals (India and the French, who ended in 4th) before a rather quick win against Ellison & Co, with Germany achieving the bronze. All those four, plus a few others that were either early eliminated or just absent, are to be taken seriously in contention for a chance to be in Tokyo, but I´ll wait until next stop to predict any outcome.

 

On the women's side, India's and Mexico's teams showed a better form that the rest of their competitors, and in my opinion are early frontrunners to win two of those Olympic spots; both fought a close final, if at the end, a better concentration favored the Asian side. However one should not discount :FRA (again losing against their German neighbors in the 3rd place match). :ESP or the :USA to improve on their way to the final qualification tournament in Paris.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see India get 3 Gold n 1 Bronze. Though not though competition but match experience after break is always important. More important was Atanu n Deepika getting that winning confidence which had been lost by both of them.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

First stage of Archery World Cup ended today in Guatemala City.

 

A reduced field in most events, but athletes from 3 continents were present, among them most of the main contenders for the remaining team quotas at the Olympics.

 

But let's start with Compound, where the :USA won gold medals in women's team and men's individual, adding 3 bronzes to their count. Two other American nations obtained gold: :COL in women's individual, but this time through Nora Valdez instead of Sara López, while Mexico took the men's team title, and a couple of silvers in women's & mixed team events. It could have been a complete swept by the host continent, but Danes Stephan Hansen & Tanja Gellenthien hit a dozen 10's in a row to defeat the Mexicans in the final match.

 

Now, regarding recurve individual events, :IND Atanu Das & Deepika Kumari took the top spot in the podium, with Mexico taking both bronze medals (Ángel Alvarado & Alejandra Valencia); Daniel Castro from :ESP earned two medals, silver in individuals and a team Gold, while Mackenzie Brown once again was the best US women also earning silver.

 

Now, talking about the men team competition, as said previously the spanish squad took the first position, and showing a good form after sending out a couple of tough rivals (India and the French, who ended in 4th) before a rather quick win against Ellison & Co, with Germany achieving the bronze. All those four, plus a few others that were either early eliminated or just absent, are to be taken seriously in contention for a chance to be in Tokyo, but I´ll wait until next stop to predict any outcome.

 

On the women's side, India's and Mexico's teams showed a better form that the rest of their competitors, and in my opinion are early frontrunners to win two of those Olympic spots; both fought a close final, if at the end, a better concentration favored the Asian side. However one should not discount :FRA (again losing against their German neighbors in the 3rd place match). :ESP or the :USA to improve on their way to the final qualification tournament in Paris.

France has no chance of having a team?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

France has no chance of having a team?

Yes they have, and they should have some home field advantage.

 

However in both cases won’t be easy, as the men knock out have at least 8 teams with a similar level. Yet I expect the French to be one of the 3 survivors in both genders

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Yes they have, and they should have some home field advantage.

 

However in both cases won’t be easy, as the men knock out have at least 8 teams with a similar level. Yet I expect the French to be one of the 3 survivors in both genders

do you have a list of favorites by teams? What about ideas for tripartite qualifications?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Benolympique said:

do you have a list of favorites by teams? What about ideas for tripartite qualifications?

No ideas for tripartite yet, but it seems Malawi and even Yemen are sending male competitors to the World Cup stages in Europe, so most probably they are front contenders.

 

as for favorites, too close to call. We’re talking about a sport in which mental strength and weather can severely affect the outcome. So once the next World Cup stage is completed and once I see team compositions for the direct eliminations, I could name my favorites.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...