website statistics

Equestrian 2020 Discussion Thread

dcro

Following Brazil's failure to keep their dressage team, plans are already being drawn up for Pan American Games to be based solely on Grand Prix for future editions.

This will hurt participation (almost 80% of athletes in Lima rode small tour), but in a long run it should prevent situations where teams qualify from Pan Ams and then fail to keep their place.

http://dressage-news.com/2020/01/06/cesar-hirsch-pan-american-equestrian-confederation-new-president-sets-as-priority-upgrading-pan-am-games-dressage/

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Following Brazil's failure to keep their dressage team, plans are already being drawn up for Pan American Games to be based solely on Grand Prix for future editions.

This will hurt participation (almost 80% of athletes in Lima rode small tour), but in a long run it should prevent situations where teams qualify from Pan Ams and then fail to keep their place.

http://dressage-news.com/2020/01/06/cesar-hirsch-pan-american-equestrian-confederation-new-president-sets-as-priority-upgrading-pan-am-games-dressage/

Not sure what's the point. It's not like Mexico or any other nation would have been more likely than Brazil to achieve the MER during this period. If the FEI forces the issue it'll happen, but I feel what will happen is it will showcase that equestrian outside of jumping isn't as popular in the Americas as FEI thinks.

“It is with both a heavy heart and a grateful mind that today I announce the retirement of my great friend, Diddy. I’ve always promised that I would do my best to listen and make the right choice for him when this time came."

Breaking and sad news coming through... Laura Graves has decided to retire Verdades. There will be no fairytale Olympic ending to their fairytale career together. :cry:

So their list of successes ends up looking like this...

image.png

Most of all, however, Graves & Verdades were always the ultimate fan favorites. Verdades is Graves' one and only horse. Horse with no pedigree, or much natural talent, which she acquired as foal. At one time she even wanted to quit the sport, but changed her mind after not being able to sell Verdades (yes, nobody at all was interested in buying the same horse that later won shitload of medals :yikes::hairpull:). Their breakthrough came in 2014, when they went from sneaking into U.S. nationals from waitlist, to finishing 5th individually at WEG. If there ever was an against-all-odds breakthrough.

In other news, I also must be getting old... :old: I started following the sport as closely as I do now in 2014, and today the shooting star of that same year has retired... Thank you and enjoy your retirement - Verdades. :bowdown::bye:

(Omaha 2017)

#banbestmen

53 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If that was Graves only horse, will she compete no longer? @dcro

For the moment, no.

However America has a good owners structure, so she does have some youngsters in the making. It will probably take a couple of seasons before she starts showing them internationally though.

#banbestmen