website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

1 hour ago, ofan said:

I'm very confused about the athletics format, would someone be able to explain it to me?

Well this probably won’t help but here we go. There are medals available in 9 stand-alone events (100m Men and Women, 110 and 100 Men and Women, Long Jump Women, High Jump Men, Javelin Women, Mixed 4x400m Relay, and a Mixed Distance Relay) and 1 Team Event. Teams earn points based off their athletes positions in the individual events. Their will be 4 rounds of the team competition. @hckosice already wrote an explanation of the team event on the last page. I’m not sure how the individual medals will be awarded. That’s about it. For more information google search “DNA Athletics 2019 European Games”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, ofan said:

I'm very confused about the athletics format, would someone be able to explain it to me?

Well, I´ll try :p

There will be 10 medal sets awarded throughout 9 competitions, 4 Track (100m M and W, 110m Hurdles M and 100m Hurdles W), 3 Field (Long Jump W, High Jump M and Javelin Throw W) and 2 Relay Events (Mixed 4x400m and a special event called "the hunt" which is a sort of pursuit race)

and the 10th medals set is for the overall final standing (the Team Event)

The 3 Field events will be contested in a unusual elimination format. The whole Team event will always culminate and finish (in every round from the heats to the final) by that special "the hunt" relay. 

The teams will start by "gundersen" or if you want pursuit method based by their points they collected during the team event previous disciplines. It´s a 2000m race, the 1st leg is 800m M, then a female leg for 600m, the 3rd leg is again for mens 400m and the final leg is 200 Women . The first team to cross the line is the overall winner.

Now the medals.

The medals for the individual and relay events will be awarded according to the individually calculated results of the athletes during their respective races in the 1st round (Heats) the 1st day of Athletics competition. For "the hunt" relay they will calculate only the "real time".

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Now the medals.

The medals for the individual and relay events will be awarded according to the individually calculated results of the athletes during their respective races in the 1st round (Heats) the 1st day of Athletics competition. For "the hunt" relay they will calculate only the "real time".

A) That was much better than mine so thanks

and B) so the there are no individual finals per say?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

A) That was much better than mine so thanks

and B) so the there are no individual finals per say?

No. from what I know.

for example in 100m, the 3 fastest 100m times in the heat of the team event will win gold/silver/bronze

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

No. from what I know.

for example in 100m, the 3 fastest 100m times in the heat of the team event will win gold/silver/bronze

That sucks. I would have been ok with having the 5 Preliminary matches then having the 8 best marks in each event, compete for this individual medals in a 6th session that day (or on the rest day)

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

What about calling everything "DNA"? As pretentious as it gets. :lol:

It’s still better than Horse Dancing :p (or the worse name John Oliver gave it)

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s still better than Horse Dancing :p (or the worse name John Oliver gave it)

I don't know what that is, but nothing can be as bad as introducing a completely mindless competition format and naming it Dynamic New Athletics (DNA). Nothing.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

That sucks. I would have been ok with having the 5 Preliminary matches then having the 8 best marks in each event, compete for this individual medals in a 6th session that day (or on the rest day)

Well, this whole Athletics project at this games sucks :d