website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Cup 2021 (Doha)

Totallympics

59 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

Him winning is not enough, he has to score really high, I believe more than 15.330 which rareely happens even for great athletes such as Petrounidas. But he did it in European Championships so I would say he has 50% chance

What's the reason for him having to score that high? I thought the ticket would go to the winner of the World Cup series, basically :yikes: 

I very much hope he makes it!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's the reason for him having to score that high? I thought the ticket would go to the winner of the World Cup series, basically :yikes: 

I very much hope he makes it!

Because if he wins then he ties to Liu Yang. So they have to compare the average scores of best 3 stages. Liu Yang didn’t attend this stage, so his average score is fixed. To surpass Liu, Petronius has to achieve above 15.333 based on calculation, ie at least 15.366 in reality.

it seems Keikha won the Pommel Horse event in Doha. is there any chance for him to qualify ? that would be some kind of consolation after today's big terrible news. but I'm afraid this is not enough. he missed his chance when Azerbaijan cancelled the World Cup final in Baku. :(

Petrounias' score is probably the biggest robbery I've seen in over 20 years following gymnastics.

He didn't deserve to qualify, to be honest. Still, the Olympics will be a better event with him. But I'm really, really angry at how bad the judging here was.

11 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Petrounias' score is probably the biggest robbery I've seen in over 20 years following gymnastics.

He didn't deserve to qualify, to be honest. Still, the Olympics will be a better event with him. But I'm really, really angry at how bad the judging here was.

I just witnessed how unfair and corrupt it can be for scoring sports.

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

I just witnessed how unfair and corrupt it can be for scoring sports.

Now I hope China picks Liu Yang for the individual spot, and Yang does enough to beat Petrounias at the Olympics. I'm sorry to the Greek fans here, but I cannot force myself to feel any kind of sympathy for Petrounias after today's outrageous robbery.

23 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it seems Keikha won the Pommel Horse event in Doha. is there any chance for him to qualify ? that would be some kind of consolation after today's big terrible news. but I'm afraid this is not enough. he missed his chance when Azerbaijan cancelled the World Cup final in Baku. :(

He lost the tie break with Japanese. Theoretically he still has chance waiting another Japanese gymnast’s result. But I think the possibility is very low.

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

He lost the tie break with Japanese. Theoretically he still has chance waiting another Japanese gymnast’s result. But I think the possibility is very low.

I was a bit lazy to count the individual scores. but I had the feeling that Japan has more points

but isn't this irrelevant now ? I assume China is going to pick this quota

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Now I hope China picks Liu Yang for the individual spot, and Yang does enough to beat Petrounias at the Olympics. I'm sorry to the Greek fans here, but I cannot force myself to feel any kind of sympathy for Petrounias after today's outrageous robbery.

China will pick Liu Yang anyway and still have two quotas. The World Cup quota of China goes to You Hao so Russia seemingly lost the World Cup quota. But Russia have continental and AA cup reallocation quotas. So Russia still have two quotas.

what a wonderful outcome, Liu Yang and Pentrounis both go to Tokyo. Greece gained one more quota without reducing China and Russia’s. But it’s this complicated calculation and balancing thought hurt this sport most!

We need fair score not fame score, not balancing score. It’s not geopolitics!

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I was a bit lazy to count the individual scores. but I had the feeling that Japan has more points

but isn't this irrelevant now ? I assume China is going to pick this quota

China doesn’t have right to pick. China indeed prefer to pick this rather than parallel bars. But China is forced to pick that one by rule. This one goes to Japan 95%.