• Australia
    • Mexico
    • Russia
    • Poland
    • Netherlands
    • Germany
    • China

43 minutes ago, rajiv said:

I have a strong feeling that GB may again dominate cycling . GB is just another team between Olympics but come Games time they are in a class of their own ,

Well this has been the pattern in the last few Games 

If China or Russia or  any other number of countries did this people would be very suspicious 

Maybe GB just has better chemists or friends in the right places but the shit thrown at them by suspicious onlookers just doesn't seem to stick .

or at least it has so far although I see even the UK authorities are becoming very suspicious of UK cycling 

It's all rather like the US and Lance Armstrong and CO although with a bigger budget and a very compliant Cycling body 

1) Depends on what you mean with „dominate“. I think they are just too far away in all sprint events (especially on the women’s side). Keirin is the least predictable, so maybe they have a shot there. In the endurance events they look better, but even winning 4 out of 6 will be super difficult. Personally I would be surprised if they would win more than 4 golds. I think they could win the medal table again, but the Netherlands and/or Germany could challenge them. At 2016 worlds they won golds in men’s Madison/sprint and women’s omnium + 3 minor medals (women’s Madison wasn’t contested). At 2020 world they didn’t win a single gold and only 3 medals in Olympic disciplines (when women’s Madison was contested). If the Olympics would have taken place last year, I would have been comfortable to predict that they won’t dominate, but with one more year to improve ... who knows? Personally I hope that they won’t dominate again.

2) I think it has already been established that British cycling has a massive doping problem, so in my opinion if you don’t get the impression that people are skeptical, then probably only because most people who follow cycling are beyond the point of just being skeptical and don’t feel the need to point out the British doping all the time.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.