website statistics

Biathlon 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

53 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Nobody is talking bout Kaisa Makarainen just casually taking two silver medals in the Finnish championship, only losing out to Mari Eder.

I did notice her a few times around the Vuokatti EYOF, but competing again?! Awesome :d (although I assume it stays within the Finnish borders)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

French Championships:

1 April - U17 Mass Start Men and Women

2 April - U19 Mass Start Men and Women, Youth and Senior Men and Women Mass Start

3 April  - Men and Women's Relay

Norway has announced their top 6 males for Summer Training - 

Sivert Guttorm Bakken

Filip Fjeld Andersen

Johannes Thingnes Boe

Sturla Holm Laegreid

Vetle Sjaastad Christiansesn

Tarjei Boe

Missing of note is Johannes Dale he is on the B team with the following:

Erlend Bjoentegaard, Aleksander Fjeld Andersen, Sverre Dahlen Aspenes, Martin Uldal, Vetle Paulsen, Vebjoern Soerum/Martin Mevland.  That is a very strong reserve team.

19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And then be disappointed almost half of the time? :p 

But yeah, awesome to see the Individuals and especially to see the SuperSprints stay down in the IBU Cup :d (where I'm not a fan of them neither, IBU Cup should be a very very large part sprints and individuals, with very few relays and basically no pursuits, but alright)

IBU Cup Schedule

Sprint (x11)

Mixed Relay (x4)

Single Mixed Relay (x4)

Short Individual (x1)

Individual (x2)

Pursuit (x4)

Mass Start 60 (x2)

Super Sprint (x2)

I actually like the Mixed Relays here.  This is an understanding that many of the smaller teams would not be competitive, or even be able to field a full relay team.  I also understand the Mass Start 60 at the IBU Cup level.  It provides head to head development for more biathletes. 

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

How did these nations think that they would get away with Flour Wax?  It is pretty obvious when one is using it.  Odd.

QFM was awarded with the French Legion of Honor.  Also Julia Simon will not race this weekend at the French Championships due to her sore knee.   

There are a few weeks in December where the races will not be on the traditional weekend spot, the IBU decided to not go up against the World Cup of Soccer.

Simon Eder hinted that he would return for another year a few weeks ago, has now confirmed that he will be back for another season.  "It's still my dream job. I am convinced that I can perform for another year, he explains to VG . I'm still motivated to get into the top 10 once in a while. This must be my goal. It's hard to give up this life as a biathlete, I was a little afraid of that. With family and a few sponsors behind me, I see no reason to stop." 

Interesting Promo Event this weekend at Anthlotz, the Red Bull Doro Hunt.   There will be 150 racers, and Wierer will start last.  Every person who gets passed by her is eliminated.  Their will be 5 rounds of 2k each.  To make it Red Bull worthy it will include a slalom section, a hill to climb without poles. an ungroomed section, etc.  It could be interesting.  

10 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Interesting Promo Event this weekend at Anthlotz, the Red Bull Doro Hunt.   There will be 150 racers, and Wierer will start last.  Every person who gets passed by her is eliminated.  Their will be 5 rounds of 2k each.  To make it Red Bull worthy it will include a slalom section, a hill to climb without poles. an ungroomed section, etc.  It could be interesting.  

Don't forget the big air and shooting at Red Bull cans. :clap: