website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Lalita babar Breaks her own NR with a timing of 9.27.09s in Women's 300m Steeplechase and Sudha singh comes second with 9.31.86s both are inside the Rio mark of 9.45:00s. With Sudha qualifying we have 2 athletes in this event....:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

39 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Lalita babar Breaks her own NR with a timing of 9.27.09s in Women's 300m Steeplechase and Sudha singh comes second with 9.31.86s both are inside the Rio mark of 9.45:00s. With Sudha qualifying we have 2 athletes in this event....:clap::clap::clap:

This is fantastic time... Hope she does well in Rio...

7 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Tragic News coming up in Wrestling....

Geeta and babita have been replaced from the final qualifying event together with Sumit....

Source

How silly is this mistake.... They did it purposely or it was mistake from officials.....This is actually a huge shame

3 hours ago, shrikant said:

How silly is this mistake.... They did it purposely or it was mistake from officials.....This is actually a huge shame

What bullshit. Athletes forfeiting useless matches in contact sports is pretty common. I remember in last Olympics qualifications, there were a large number of forfeits in gold medal matches. 

Also, if UWW wanted to stamp this practice out, it should have clarified before the tournament. And if they want to take action against Phogat sisters, place them under suspension/ban instead of threatening India with disqualification if they are selected. 

Edited by Dolby

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

What bullshit. Athletes forfeiting useless matches in contact sports is pretty common. I remember in last Olympics qualifications, there were a large number of forfeits in gold medal matches. 

Also, if UWW wanted to stamp tjis practice out, it should have clarified before the tournament. And if they want to take action against Phogat sisters, place them under suspension/ban instead of threatening India with disqualification if they are selected. 

I there were  many many others who had the same issue .............are they all going to be disqualified 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

tomorrows key finals in the federation cup from a qualification perspective 

I am looking forward to seeing  dutte chand  in the 200 m final ...she was in good form in the prelims and she was really fast in the 100m in the last strech  

dharambir singh in the 200m finals is going to be interesting 

renjith maheshwari / ar[inder in triple 

annu rani in javelin ( the throw conditions seems poor so less hopes )

mayookha in triple ( she did not participate in long jump I feel she is saving herself for the triple ) 

tomoorow I think there may also be a special trial for the relay team ( I had read it in a news item but there is no mention of it on the website ...is this event there ?? ) 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

10 hours ago, Dolby said:

Also, if UWW wanted to stamp this practice out, it should have clarified before the tournament. And if they want to take action against Phogat sisters, place them under suspension/ban instead of threatening India with disqualification if they are selected. 

Completely agreed. This is one of the most ridiculous situations ever.

But it needs to be noted that so far atleast there has been no official statement from UWW. As far as they are concerned, there is no offical ban. Its only WFI claiming that its useless president was verbally threatened. Seems like another case of a useless Indian federation with babus ruining athletes' dreams. At worst, they should have just given a warning to Geeta and Babita and moved on...rather than this stupid mess...

Edited by kapil857