website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

2 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Vikas now in 8th place with 1 lifter left...

actually from the qualification list he is in second place as all the other nations have already qualified except qatar I think  ......need to check the list again 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

actually from the qualification list he is in second place as all the other nations have already qualified ......

Oh so we get higher points for the qualification in team ranking....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

6 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Oh so we get higher points for the qualification in team ranking....

The points are 28 for first place , 25 for second place 23 for third then 22 ,21 .........  this event is little confusing as the lifters from nations who have already qualified then get excluded ...... then the points are calculated .... Vikas should get 25 points if my calculations are correct but  I need to recheck at the end of the event .....

I estimate that india needs around 115 points or more to calculate ..... but then out of 8 the best 6 will be taken ........ so it is a true team effort like cricket runs adding up to a team total ........................ asking total is 115 and best 6 out of 8 batsmens scores calculated 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

The points are 28 for first place , 25 for second place 23 for third then 22 ,21 .........  this event is little confusing as the lifters from nations who have already qualified then get excluded ...... then the points are calculated .... Vikas should get 25 points if my calculations are correct but  I need to recheck at the end of the event .....

Ohh thank you for that update....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Update from the 5th day at the olympic qualifiers 

womens - performance as usual we finished second in the qualifying list Rakhi haider 196 ...not a great effort in terms of world  ...as I confirmed yesterday we will surely finish second in the list after vietnam ( and almost surely send maikhom to the olympics )

Mens weightlifting  - I am extremely happy to announce due to outstanding performances ( amongst the qualification nations )  by Vikas thakur ( finished second )- 25 points  and Venkata Ragala ( finished 5th ) - 21 points .............. with this as I have been saying if we get 6 weightlifters to cross an average of 19 points or above... we now have that .... now  we should be safe with this wonderful lifts ..... I am happy to say that Indian weightlifting quota ( which started with poor lifts in the lower categories ) is almost 99% sure of their Quota :IND - :clap::clap:............  Currently we rose to be 3rd in the qualification list ( for the first time since the beginning of the competition ) ..... but surely Japan and most probably Turkmenistan and some chance of saudi to  overtake us ..........so we will likely finish 4/5/6 but we will be in the top 7 ..... the 1% chance is in an extremely unlikely combination if the last couple of weightlifters of :PHI :SRI:KSA:KGZ produce some extraordinary lifts to push us back ............................. but I believe that combination chance is almost zero 

Edited by nitinsanker

interestingly Duttee chand would qualify as of now ( she would be around 50th from the target list of 56 )  .......... for the olympics with her time as a secondary qualifier based on the target numbers for 100m women ..............

12 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Update from the 5th day at the olympic qualifiers 

womens - performance as usual we finished second in the qualifying list Rakhi haider 196 ...not a great effort in terms of world  ...as I confirmed yesterday we will surely finish second in the list after vietnam ( and almost surely send maikhom to the olympics )

Mens weightlifting  - I am extremely happy to announce due to outstanding performances ( amongst the qualification nations )  by Vikas thakur ( finished second )- 25 points  and Venkata Ragala ( finished 5th ) - 21 points .............. with this as I have been saying if we get 6 weightlifters to cross an average of 19 points or above... we now have that .... now  we should be safe with this wonderful lifts ..... I am happy to say that Indian weightlifting quota ( which started with poor lifts in the lower categories ) is almost 99% sure of their Quota :IND - :clap::clap:............  Currently we rose to be 3rd in the qualification list ( for the first time since the beginning of the competition ) ..... but surely Japan and most probably Turkmenistan and some chance of saudi to  overtake us ..........so we will likely finish 4/5/6 but we will be in the top 7 ..... the 1% chance is in an extremely unlikely combination if the last couple of weightlifters of :PHI :SRI:KSA:KGZ produce some extraordinary lifts to push us back ............................. but I believe that combination chance is almost zero 

That's a great news :clap:

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

interestingly Duttee chand would qualify as of now ( she would be around 50th from the target list of 56 )  .......... for the olympics with her time as a secondary qualifier based on the target numbers for 100m women ..............

But I feel she would cross that mark with the Asian Grand Prix....So I am expecting her to be around 11.25s until Olympics....And Amiya Mallick to break till 10.1s till           Olympics....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go