website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

@rohan sharma

bro ............what events are there at the Inter state cannot make out from the Indian atheletics site ? ................................also cannot make out from the fb page you recommended

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

5 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

As it is a prediction contest................ we could also add +5 points where your prediction matches with the result ? , for example if I gave sania a silver and she gets a silver my team gets an additional 5 points ? 

Let me ask u this...u give Saina a silver. Then Saina reaches the olympic final and now you are watching the olympic final - Saina vs Li Xuerui. 

At this point, do you want to be wholeheartedly supporting and cheering for Saina to win gold, or, do u want a thought at the back of your mind - no matter how infinitesimally small it is - that if Saina loses I will get an additional 5 points (yeah !!) in the prediction game I am playing...??

And yeah, I named it wrong. In the current format it is really a fantasy game as opposed to a prediction game.

Anyone else playing have any thoughts ??

1 hour ago, kapil857 said:

Let me ask u this...u give Saina a silver. Then Saina reaches the olympic final and now you are watching the olympic final - Saina vs Li Xuerui. 

At this point, do you want to be wholeheartedly supporting and cheering for Saina to win gold, or, do u want a thought at the back of your mind - no matter how infinitesimally small it is - that if Saina loses I will get an additional 5 points (yeah !!) in the prediction game I am playing...??

And yeah, I named it wrong. In the current format it is really a fantasy game as opposed to a prediction game.

Anyone else playing have any thoughts ??

I feel the top 15 are very similar and so are the top 2 .................can we just outline 5 Gold hopes and mark G against them and if they get G then we get extra 5 points we do not need to have silver ( S ) and bronze ( B)  marks , the other points still stand ................. ? 

This may make a lot of difference for example while I hope the Narsing  may medal I do not feel he may get a gold while Jitu in the 10 m may both medal and get gold ???

since we do not mark any silvers the case above would not happen we want all of them to go  for gold now it is a true fantasy game ( India with 5 golds :cheer: at the olympics ) ....................

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

9 hours ago, kapil857 said:

Posting the India based fantasy Olympic game link again...for people who may want to join.. @tirtha22 @Smit

@Dolby @rohan sharma

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TQQ4W-cut7RCuxnem5uQKZaBNJNq4HzYyiXv_JbTo4/edit

@nitinsanker I think we need to keep the number to 15 as 10 would make the teams even more similar..the last 4-5 spots are the ones actually creating differences in the teams.

Can you make the prediction contest more interesting? As for example the captain/vice captain element adds to the player strategy aspect.

7 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Can you make the prediction contest more interesting? As for example the captain/vice captain element adds to the player strategy aspect.

i had suggested that we have 5 golds along with captain and vice captain ( if any of these 5 ................ and as many of these 5 get a gold we get 5 points for each gold ) 

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

i had suggested that we have 5 golds along with captain and vice captain ( if any of these 5 ................ and as many of these 5 get a gold we get 5 points for each gold ) 

Good Idea :)

Indian women's 4x400m relay team clocked 3:29.04(best time in qualification period so far) today in Hyd. Will it be counted as there was no other international team there?

Edited by Smit

6 minutes ago, Smit said:

Indian women's 4x400m relay team clocked 3:29.04(best time in qualification period so far) today in Hyd. Will it be counted as there was no other international team there?

Will be counted as Srilanka is there

1 hour ago, Smit said:

Thats an awesome time ...........with nirmala trained and in sync with them  I am sure they can go even faster ...................would be great if they can beat 3.29........ that may be enough to get them to the finals at Rio ....................... also I think without a doubt now they will be at Rio as this will take them to the 12th position .............

Edited by nitinsanker