website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

I think the opening round is over ...... India finish 4th overall and first amongst the olympic qualifier :clap:

great show by atanu and jayanta ..... not  a great first round by rahul ..................... but still that is awesome .

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

if this is going to be used for the pairings for the olympic qualifiers then amongst the non qualified nations 

India -1st 

Mexico - 2nd 

germany - 3rd 

Russia -4th 

finland - 5th 

Japan - 6th 

Kazakh - 7th 

brazil ( are they competing in the qualifier ? ) - 8th 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

On 3/7/2016 at 11:42, gvaisakh said:

2016 SUMMER OLYMPICS QUALIFICATION TIMELINE & SCENARIO

Archery.png.169de21c4ce43caa34ed0d9449d0 ARCHERY

Remaining Tournament - 2016 Archery World Cup Stage, Antalya (June 13-18, 2016)

Who can qualify - Men's Team (Top 3 finish required at Antalya)

Men's Individual can also qualify .

1 minute ago, gvaisakh said:

No. 

Mangal Singh Chmapia has already won the individual quota. It's either a team of 3 or 1 individual. A NOC cannot have 2 individual

Then how calm Indian women have qualified 3 individuals?

6 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I think the opening round is over ...... India finish 4th overall and first amongst the olympic qualifier :clap:

great show by atanu and jayanta ..... not  a great first round by rahul ..................... but still that is awesome .

Yeah, 4th overall for Das which is excellent, 17th for Talukdar, 58th for Rahul and a very poor 80th for our individual quota winner Mangal Champia.

Reasonable draw i'd say in the oly qualifier. Turkey or Thailand in Rd1, Malaysia or Ukraine in QF and mostly Russia in semi. Mexico, Germany, Japan, France, Britain all in the other half.

Also, I believe Rahul will have to play the oly qualifier despite Mangal being selected for Rio ahead of Rahul. Not sure about the rules here but I beleive that since seeding is based on score achieved by Rahul, it will have to be Rahul who participates. And haven't seen any case in a world cup where a country has selected 4th place finisher ahead of the 3rd place finisher for the team event.

Of course, this could be a bit tricky. If the federation ruling is that no matter who wins quota, Mangal will be going to Rio then it means Rahul's motivation to perform in the qualifier goes down a notch. This is the disadvantage of jumping the gun and holding trials and declaring a team before even the quota is won.

The oly qualifier is on Thursday, start to finish, hopefully AAI declares something by then such as, say, a re-trial between just Mangal and Rahul. 

Just now, gvaisakh said:

Because Indian women team have already qualified which means all 3 can participate in individual too

So if Indian men qualify , does that mean , Indian men can field (3 individuals + mangal singh champia) in the individual event?

Just now, tirtha22 said:

So if Indian men qualify , does that mean , Indian men can field (3 individuals + mangal singh champia) in the individual event?

No.. Only 3 can participate in individual & same 3 will participate in team event. So Mangal Singh Champia + 2 others or Indian NOC can go with 3 archers excluding Champia. It's upto the NOC to decide the team.

Max 3 archers per gender if we win the quota as team