website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Sorry, I read the article incorrect.  Thanks for the correction.

On countback Wierer would have won it anyway, her individual results are 1st, 4th & 9th. Hauser's are 1st, 4th & 38th so she got lucky with the stupid cut-off rule.

I can not even remember the last time I watched biathlon on ES. Always on Czech TV, these folks really love biathlon, I mean really love. ;)

They also show almost everything from the wnter sports season so I basically switch to our TV only for Alpine Skiing and ice hockey, otherwise I have almost all the time ČT Sport turned on my TV

22 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I can not even remember the last time I watched biathlon on ES. Always on Czech TV, these folks really love biathlon, I mean really love. ;)

They also show almost everything from the wnter sports season so I basically switch to our TV only for Alpine Skiing and ice hockey, otherwise I have almost all the time ČT Sport turned on my TV

In Poland we had two guys who used to do cycling in the summer and biathlon in the winter for ES. After Polsat Sport bought the rights on the heels of 2013-15 Polish women success one of those guys went there to join Weronika Nowakowska and Tomasz Sikora joined Eurosport. I have to say the old pairing was the best even though they focused on off-course action a lot (like the color of women's eye-lashes or new boots or rifles). Sikora tends to provide more background information like what does the housing looks like in different venues or other stuff. I quit watching ARD coverage like 5 years ago and I'm back to the oldest source in Eurosport for good :p