website statistics

Ice Hockey IIHF World Championships 2017

hckošice

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I follow Ice Hockey for many many years, I watched many many matches from really different levels and many many games from all over the world...but I never NEVER saw Austria played so freaking well as they played this 1st period. This was just WOW !!!

Don´t know what happened to Poland, probably stamina after yesterdays tough game against Hungary or just too much nervosity before one of the most important games in the players lifes, but what they show today is definitely worth to better throw the towel ...

in other hand Austria has such unbelievable portion of luck today, they will score even with closed eyes

:facepalm::wall:

7-0 after 40 minutes for Austria :lol:

edit: Eighth goal scored as I was writing this comment :lol:

Edit 2: 10-0 :d

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

wOdgLL7zwwgsvvPDCCy+88MKLK0Gl+n9Fdof1utL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round-Robin

DAY 7

Poland POL.gif 0 - 11 AUT.gif Austria
Period-by-Period: 0-3, 0-4, 0-4
April 28th 2017, h. 17:00, Palace of Sports, Kyiv

_Z7R8790.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R8728.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R8767.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R8750.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R8726.jpg?height=550&width=750

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round-Robin

DAY 7

Austria returns to Worlds

Comeback in Denmark after two-year break

_Z7R8728_Channel%20Homepage%20Slider.jpg

After two years in the Division I Austria will be promoted to the 2018 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship after a 11-0 blanking of Poland in the final game.

Austria knew it would be promoted with a regulation-time win while Poland entered the day with small hopes for promotion and these were more or less destroyed with Kazakhstan’s win against Hungary. And if not the by that, then by a strong start of the Austrians, who went up 3-0 after just ten minutes of play.

Martin Ulmer opened the scoring after just 104 seconds. Then Brian Lebler converted a centring pass from Konstantin Komarek at 7:01.

At 10:02 Fabio Hofer made it 3-0 with his second goal of the tournament. Thomas Raffl shot from the right side and although Hofer fell down between three opponents, he managed to shovel the puck over the line.

The Poles entered the second period with Rafal Radziszewski in the net replacing number-one goalie Przemyslaw Odrobny but still without success in the offensive zone despite becoming more initiative.

Midway the second period the Austrians extended the lead. Raffl shot at 8:36 and was lucky that the puck was deflected by a Polish stick to find its way into the net. Just half a minute later Lukas Haudum shot for the 5-0 goal, also that one went behind Radziszewski deflected.

And at 15:39 Konstantin Komarek deflected the puck into the net after a pass to the crease from Fabio Hofer to extend the lead to 6-0.

Poland’s biggest chance came with 36 seconds left in the period when Damian Kapica was hooked by Heinrich during a breakaway and got a penalty shot but he lost the puck in front of Bernhard Starkbaum. Instead Komarek scored his second goal of the day nine seconds before the intermission on a rebound.

Steven Strong added another marker in the third period with a shot from the left face-off dot through Radziszewski’s five-hole. Haudum deflecting a long pass toward the goal from Heinrich and Lebler made it 10-0 midway through the period, and later another one to make it 11 goals for his team.

1 godzinę temu, hckosice napisał:

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round-Robin

DAY 7

Austria returns to Worlds

Comeback in Denmark after two-year break

_Z7R8728_Channel%20Homepage%20Slider.jpg

After two years in the Division I Austria will be promoted to the 2018 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship after a 11-0 blanking of Poland in the final game.

Austria knew it would be promoted with a regulation-time win while Poland entered the day with small hopes for promotion and these were more or less destroyed with Kazakhstan’s win against Hungary. And if not the by that, then by a strong start of the Austrians, who went up 3-0 after just ten minutes of play.

Martin Ulmer opened the scoring after just 104 seconds. Then Brian Lebler converted a centring pass from Konstantin Komarek at 7:01.

At 10:02 Fabio Hofer made it 3-0 with his second goal of the tournament. Thomas Raffl shot from the right side and although Hofer fell down between three opponents, he managed to shovel the puck over the line.

The Poles entered the second period with Rafal Radziszewski in the net replacing number-one goalie Przemyslaw Odrobny but still without success in the offensive zone despite becoming more initiative.

Midway the second period the Austrians extended the lead. Raffl shot at 8:36 and was lucky that the puck was deflected by a Polish stick to find its way into the net. Just half a minute later Lukas Haudum shot for the 5-0 goal, also that one went behind Radziszewski deflected.

And at 15:39 Konstantin Komarek deflected the puck into the net after a pass to the crease from Fabio Hofer to extend the lead to 6-0.

Poland’s biggest chance came with 36 seconds left in the period when Damian Kapica was hooked by Heinrich during a breakaway and got a penalty shot but he lost the puck in front of Bernhard Starkbaum. Instead Komarek scored his second goal of the day nine seconds before the intermission on a rebound.

Steven Strong added another marker in the third period with a shot from the left face-off dot through Radziszewski’s five-hole. Haudum deflecting a long pass toward the goal from Heinrich and Lebler made it 10-0 midway through the period, and later another one to make it 11 goals for his team.

and now hear my diabolic laughter :) - bad luck? i know your kindness and diplomacy but i know...the truth :)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round-Robin

DAY 7

HIGHLIGHTS

26 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

and now hear my diabolic laughter :) - bad luck? i know your kindness and diplomacy but i know...the truth :)

Well, yes today it was very very bad in all points , slow skating, lack of vivacity, poor goaltenders performances from both goalies. only 56% Saves from the second netminder Radziszewski is absolutely disastrous number, in fact from some 16 shots he received 8 goals. I watched the match and I had feeling like your players lost this match mainly in their heads already before the start, they started the match like non prepared, distracted...I don´t know, it wasn´t Poland from the previous matches, maybe the problem was also about stamina after yesterdays game with Hungary, perhaps also the physical preparation was bad and insufficient. who know...the truth is that today it was very bad match from Poland.

but still Austria had also a tone of luck, some goals were very dumb and extremely lucky and rarely repeatable, but they win was deserved ofc today.