website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

I think i will cheer for the british womens 4x100m relay in the final, if this would be a model contest, then they wouldve already won it, no matter who competes in the second heat.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 minut temu, dcro napisał:

According to Wiki he studied at Cyprus University, so probably moved there.

Never heard that Cyprus is buying athletes. :p

12 minut temu, dareza napisał:

First one. He lives in Cyprus, where he finished school and now studying. He compete for Cyprus even as junior. But Im so happy for him. :clap:

That's good, it would be disaster if Cyprus would dare buy athletes :d

I'm also happy for him, I think that you know why :d

1 minute ago, dareza said:

Ukraine :p

And they changed his name to Osmanoglu. I wonder how they decide which Turkish names will be given to bought athletes. :lol:

Though, to be honest, it's not ALL about Turkey. Athletes who are willing to switch both nationality and name... :sick:

#banbestmen

Just now, dareza said:

El-Sheryf :d His name was very specific.

Ah damn it I could have answered this if I wasn't busy saying bye to family who were visiting us :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Gerade eben schrieb dareza:

El-Sheryf :d His name was very specific.

Yeah, thats what i remembered him for. I always thought that officials didnt know if Sheryf was his first name or his last name and thats why they "gave" him this weird name.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Schippers apparently suffered some sort of injury during warm-up by the way and won't run the heats. No news yet about the seriousness of it all.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

And they changed his name to Osmanoglu. I wonder how they decide which Turkish names will be given to bought athletes. :lol:

Though, to be honest, it's not ALL about Turkey. Athletes who are willing to switch both nationality and name... :sick:

Disaster. As I said, min. 40 athletes for Tokyo.

Hopefully Pinto will be alright. Yesterday she said that she got injured before womens 100m final during warmup and therefore couldnt race as fast as expected.