website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am very happy that Kilty got disqualied. Will Kilty compete at the olympics?

I heard somehere he's not in a good place to be in the team and surely this doesn't help him :d

I'm not sure though, but I'm praying with you that he won't be there :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Martina isnt one of my favorite athletes, but at least that "turkish" guy didnt win. Its just pathetic that all turkish medal winners are naturalized, especially because it shows the hypocrisy of turkish political leaders. Hopefully god/WADA will find a way to stop Turkey from winning any medal in athletics or swimming (Solnceva).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Italian television say that Harvey was payed from Turkish Federation to become a Turkish athlete. Any news?

Well yes, like most Turkish athletes :p 

He is Jamaican-born. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Martina isnt one of my favorite athletes, but at least that "turkish" guy didnt win. Its just pathetic that all turkish medal winners are naturalized, especially because it shows the hypocrisy of turkish political leaders. Hopefully god/WADA will find a way to stop Turkey from winning any medal in athletics or swimming (Solnceva).

On the good side, at least Dereli actually won a Turkish medal :p 

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

So, if a guys was legally naturalized (like all italian naturalized athletes) i haven't problem but I don't think that the Turkish law give a nationality after only 1-2 days :lol: 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Gianlu33:

Italian television say that Harvey was payed from Turkish Federation to become a Turkish athlete. Any news?

No, he wanted to become turkish, because its such a great country and he likes döner that much ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

On the good side, at least Dereli actually won a Turkish medal :p 

Yeah, but did you see her? We might have a "Semenya case" in shot put.