website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Just now, intoronto said:

Essentially this is doping naturally... The CAS made the incorrect decision overturning the IAAF's rulig

Yep..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Right before the start I wrote this on a Dutch forum:

"I think we'll see everyone together until 600 meters, after which Semenya accelerates, Niyonsaba follows her and eventually finishes second two seconds behind Semenya." 

Too easy :p 

:lol:

but this is really not "normal"

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

:lol:

but this is really not "normal"

I'm disappointed we didn't see a 1:55 yet :p 

The Dutch commentator: "1:53.28 is the world record though and that will probably never ever be broken."

I think it will, this year. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Right before the start I wrote this on a Dutch forum:

"I think we'll see everyone together until 600 meters, after which Semenya accelerates, Niyonsaba follows her and eventually finishes second two seconds behind Semenya." 

Too easy :p 

She even had an exactly the same time as in Rabat! 1:56.64 :d

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

She even had an exactly the same time as in Rabat! 1:56.64 :d

Considering her "improve 2 seconds per month"-rule this year that's slow :p 

Margaret Wambui takes the 800m win in Huelva...she might be the only one capable of staying reasonably close to Semenya and Niyonsaba this season and we all know why.

fcdf009a0e.jpg

Nuria Fernandez just did 15:24.17 today in 5000 in the Huelva meeting. SO CLOSE. I can't believe Spain has now two athletes that there are not in times for Rio just for half a seacond in the same distance (Lidia Rodriguez 15:24.25 in 2015). And sadly there's no realocation in long dintance races.:facepalm:

I hope both can reach the time in further races :cry:

We've got the Diamond League in Birmingham in a little bit :)

Some interesting races, for example Niyonsaba in the 800 without Semenya this time and the new huge talent Baboloki Thebe of Botswana making his big league debut in the 400 :)

:( IBARGUEN (14.56) :COL defeated by RYPAKOVA 14.61 :KAZ at Birmingham meeting DL 

Bad day also for VILJOEN :RSA  finish 7th  (58.54)

Good results for :yes Yarisley SILVA :CUB won with 4.84 (WL) and Conseslus KIPRUTO :KEN  8.00.12

However 3 days after Rome meeting other meeting with same events (not all but many....) is little bit bizarre   :wacko: