NOR.gif Norway
SWE.gif Sweden
WHT.gif Russian Ski Federation
SLO.gif Slovenia
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

31 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

You can put the flag there, you're not FIS.

Just trying to follow the official results.

We all know it is :RUS but in the official results they are listed :WHT

We did the same for OAR in PC 2018 or :KUW in Rio 2016

Linn Svahn who won 5 world cup races this season will probably not race antalet. Not selected to the team Sprint. Dahlqvist/Sundling Will be the team. Dahlqvist reigning champion, then with the beginner biathlete Nilsson. Should be small favorites since US are performing like Svahn. Dahlqvist unbeaten in team sprint before last world cup where she was in team with Svahn. 

On 26/02/2021 at 06:29, intoronto said:

Fun fact about the skier from Tanzania: he actually works for the IOC! Another fun fact: we went to the same university around the same time...so maybe I took a class with him without even knowing lol

ORF had a nice interview with him after the qualification race. He seems like a really nice guy. It was a fun interview.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just to provide my interpretation to some questions I saw about qualification...

@heywoodu Yes, I believe that if Brazil is 30th (or better) in the Nations Ranking, they will get an additional quota place on top of the basic quota earned by Jaque.

I’ve also done some quota math, and if my calculations are correct, and the number of countries earning basic quotas doesn’t increase, this is the situation we’re looking at:

Women - Quotas allocated through D.2 + Rounds 1-3 of D.3 + 10/11 quotas remains for allocation in Round 4 of D.3 (So in theory, 20 countries will have at least 4 skiers in Beijing, meaning 20 countries eligible for relay, and perhaps 30 or more eligible for team sprint)

Men - Quotas allocated through D.2 + Rounds 1-2 of D.3 + a few more through Round 3 of D.3 (So in theory, 10 or a couple more countries will have at least 4 skiers in Beijing, meaning 10 or so countries eligible for relay, and perhaps 30 eligible for team sprint)

In terms of the relay, the clause that lets teams use a biathlete might be rather important on the men’s side.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Meaning Brazil will probably lose a spot on the ranking tomorrow (against Korea) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Team sprint qualifying is different than in the World Cup :yikes: 

Top-4 from both heats plus the two fastest losers. That's way better than the World Cup format.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!