website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

I thought that would take you longer to be ready but here we go, it's @heywoodu today on his first participation. Well done. :d

heywoodu

♦                                                      ♦

:NED Netherlands 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

I can do said stuff after the quiz :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I can do said stuff after the quiz :d 

That's the plan. :d

That means it's now on you to decide how you want to play. You can choose between 3 lifelines (50:50, Switch, Expert) and the guaranteed 32,000 level or go for 4 lifelines (additional team expert) but no guaranteed 32,000.

Also, you create your own luck by choosing a number between 1 and 5. ;)

Three lifelines but I will use '4' as lucky number :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@heywoodu

Then we're all set. Let's see how it goes. :)

50:50 Expert Switch Team

15        Pts. 1 Million
14        Pts. 500,000
13        Pts. 250,000
12        Pts. 125,000
11        Pts. 64,000
10        Pts. 32,000
9        Pts. 16,000
8        Pts. 8,000
7        Pts. 4,000
6        Pts. 2,000
5        Pts. 1,000
4        Pts. 500
3        Pts. 300
2        Pts. 200
1        Pts. 100

Interesting question to start off with. Of course a nowegian is nonsense and an iclandic will only help if you're going for long distances, as we all know. One might be able to pull off a great sprint if you've got that extra.....dnish though...

Nonetheless, I am going for B, finish.

Rightfully so. :d

Pts. 100

A world-class sprinter stands out with a good ...?

A: nowegian   B: finish
  C: dnish        D: iclandic     

♦                 P t s .  1 0 0                 

@heywoodu

Lights-Q1-5

Pts. 200

Which refers to a mathematic principal?

A: Circle leaf            B: Triangle stem         
  C: Square root               D: Rectangle flower
Question by OlympicIRL

In Dutch schools, notes go from 1 to 10, including in the final exam which decides whether you pass the 'middle' school (sort of like high school I guess) and then can go on to a university, college, some other form of next education or whatever.

Anyhow, I bombed two subjects in my final year exams, maths and chemistry. You can retake one, with my options being as follows: retake chemistry and get it from a 4.x to a 5.4 or higher, or retake maths and get it from a 2.x (!) to a 4.something. This should tell you enough about my mathematical knowledge.

Spoiler

I obviously went for chemistry and got....a 5.4! Not just a 5.4, no, one that only went from 5.2 to 5.4 in the morning the results were announced because a small error in the judging was discovered late. "A true miracle of being lucky", my teacher told me, after she had spent quite some hours trying to get me ready for the retake. She passed away last year I read, sadly, but I am always grateful. We used to call her 'The Major', because she was so strict - very friendly in one-on-one conversation though. Anyhow, I digress.

Circles have interesting mathematical capabilities and I'm sure triangles and rectangles do too, if one were too understand maths, which I don't. I am going for C, square root!