website statistics

Taekwondo WTF World Championships 2017

MHSN

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Hmm, I was convinced there were some times when A got a penalty but B didn't get a point, but I might have been wrong then. So 10 penalties means you lose? I didn't see more than 6 penalties in one fight yet an was curious all the time when another penalty would mean the end :p 

since 2017 a Penalty means a point, no exception at all.

Yes, it happened a lot during the preliminaries, and few times in the finals, you probably remember that Italian kid in the 1st day who was somehow weird and funny, he lost by 10 cautions. Artamonov beat Tortosa yesterday the same way, I remember a match between China and Egypt, the Egyptian guy was leading 22-12 still lost when he took his 10th kyunggo (penalty) it happened few more times,

here is EGY-CHN match

http://222.239.248.204:81/sports/tk/results?rsc=TKM068722

Happens a lot in lower weights because there are tons of actions, more actions, means more grabbing, more falling etc.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

since 2017 a Penalty means a point, no exception at all.

Yes, it happened a lot during the preliminaries, and few times in the finals, you probably remember that Italian kid in the 1st day who was somehow weird and funny, he lost by 10 cautions. Artamonov beat Tortosa yesterday the same way, I remember a match between China and Egypt, the Egyptian guy was leading 22-12 still lost when he took his 10th kyunggo (penalty) it happened few more times,

here is EGY-CHN match

http://222.239.248.204:81/sports/tk/results?rsc=TKM068722

Happens a lot in lower weights because there are tons of actions, more actions, means more grabbing, more falling etc.

I didn't see any of those, mostly because I only watch the final sessions and in the first day I forgot to watch it :p (and Artamanov - Tortosa was when I was excersising so I guess I was too tired to pay attention to why the fight was over :d )

Thanks for the explanation though, it makes things a lot clearer.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

well, Beigi is the best taekwondo athlete in the world right now, he just destroyed Aaron Cook and then Kotkov. He is a great athlete but a traitor.

equal to 2007, this was our worst result in past 20 years without a single gold medal, time to change the whole system, obviously there is something wrong here.

Kimia was extremely defensive today, she was just a shadow of herself (as I said before she was injured and out of training since Rio) still she somehow managed to win a silver medal. Gbagbi scouted her well and came to the final with the right plan, pushing, pushing and making her tired which worked perfectly and that was an easy gold medal for her

On 6/30/2017 at 12:09, MHSN said:

well, Beigi is the best taekwondo athlete in the world right now, he just destroyed Aaron Cook and then Kotkov. He is a great athlete but a traitor.

equal to 2007, this was our worst result in past 20 years without a single gold medal, time to change the whole system, obviously there is something wrong here.

Kimia was extremely defensive today, she was just a shadow of herself (as I said before she was injured and out of training since Rio) still she somehow managed to win a silver medal. Gbagbi scouted her well and came to the final with the right plan, pushing, pushing and making her tired which worked perfectly and that was an easy gold medal for her

About Beigi: I thought I remembered there was something about the Iranian federation treating him bad or something, or at least some reason to go to Azerbaijan apart from just money, like too strong competition at home (I'm not sure, I thought I read it here on Totallympics but of course correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm curious why he's considered a traitor, since I guess simply switching nationality doesn't automatically make someone a traitor depending on the circumstances.

I just watched the finals now and annoyingly, the entire 2nd round (where pretty much all action happened) of Beigi's final is just not in the video, like it's removed :mad:

Well, winning silver while being out of training since Rio....I'm fairly sure that's an impressive result. I'm not a fan of Gbagbi, she seems so emotionless, even when she won gold she just walked around without even a tiny smile on her face :(

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh, on the podium there was a little smile from Gbagbi :p