website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

3 hours ago, dcro said:

I wonder if there ever was a team who attempted to break-away with 8 riders...? You know, sort of how you usually play Pro Cycling Manager...

I always asked myself whether the following could work:

All the riders of one team ride next to each at the front of the field on a narrow road and then one of them sprints away and his teammates ride very slowly next to each other in order to block the road so that no one can go after him ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I think Bora will go all out to win the green jersey. They realized that Buchmann won’t be able to make the podium, so they didn’t have to save energy for tomorrow and Sunday. Personally I never thought that someone like Sagan should win the green jersey because he clearly isn‘t and never has been the best sprinter, but I guess those are the rules. Once van Aert will be allowed to go for the green jersey it will be game over for Sagan.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Stage 7

Friday - September 4th, 2020

h. 13:25 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Millau - Lavaur   

168km - Lumpy/Flat

STAGE CLASSIFICATION

:BEL  Wout VAN AERT
3:32:03

:NOR  Edvald BOASSON HAGEN
+0

:FRA  Bryan COQUARD
+0

Complete Standing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CLASSIFICATION

:GBR  Adam YATES
30:36:00

:SLO  Primoz ROGLIC
+3

:FRA  Guillaume MARTIN
+9

POINTS CLASSIFICATION

:SVK  Peter SAGAN

:IRL  Sam BENNETT

:BEL  Wout VAN AERT

CLIMBER CLASSIFICATION

:FRA  Benoit COSNEFROY

:AUT  Michael GOGL

:IRL  Nicolas ROCHE

YOUTH CLASSIFICATION

:COL  Egan BERNAL
30:36:13

:ESP  Enric MAS
+9

:COL  Sergio Andres HIGUITA
+28

LAST KILOMETER REPLAY

STAGE HIGHLIGHTS

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I always asked myself whether the following could work:

All the riders of one team ride next to each at the front of the field on a narrow road and then one of them sprints away and his teammates ride very slowly next to each other in order to block the road so that no one can go after him ...

It might work once, but you’d never get a chance to win a race again.   Unwritten rules.  :evil:

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Oh Peter, you managed to fumble even todays sprint :facepalm: The whole teams works out of the window, even with the few points you took today. This was a picture perfect situation for the Sagan of the past, but allez..

in his defense we must take note that he was also not very lucky today, at the beginning of the final sprint some 300m to go his chain fell off. according to him, it was a miracle that he did not fall and it did not turn out even much worse.

but Bora today was just famous. fantastic performance. Total Liquigas 2013 Albi stage copyright, sadly with unsuccessful end this time.

Anyway I still don´t get all the hate towards Sagan during this tour, I mean this guy has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone, he already achieved things which only very few riders will be able to repeat. and not sure if anyone will be even able to do it in the next decades

Just saw the full result now, pretty awesome by mostly the French B-sprinters like Coquard, Venturini and Hofstetter to make it to the finish in the main group.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

in his defense we must take note that he was also not very lucky today, at the beginning of the final sprint some 300m to go his chain fell off. according to him, it was a miracle that he did not fall and it did not turn out even much worse.

but Bora today was just famous. fantastic performance. Total Liquigas 2013 Albi stage copyright, sadly with unsuccessful end this time.

Anyway I still don´t get all the hate towards Sagan during this tour, I mean this guy has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone, he already achieved things which only very few riders will be able to repeat. and not sure if anyone will be even able to do it in the next decades

Where do you see hate? I just see people basically saying he's not in great shape, which is rather obvious and has nothing to do with one's personal opinion :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ouch, just noticed the loss for Pogacar. I don't think it matters so much for Porte and Mollema (well for them it does, but I mean in terms of the GC in general :p), but Pogacar losing that much is big...although it might mean he'll have to unleash his power early :cheer: