website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

4 hours ago, Vaibhav (minchu) said:

Are you also visiting? would be great if that is the case... @kapil857 (his sister) and I have been in regular touch for past 1 year over our Rio visit. Infact we have common tickets too...

We'll all have a blast together guys !!! :yes:yes

Hi Guys,

This is my schedule:

Day Time Event Session ID Highlights

Sat, 13/8 9.30-12.50 Athletics AT003D Discuss Throw Final; 100m round 1
  19.00-21.00 Weightlifting WL018A Men's 94 kg

Sun, 14/8 19.50-23.20 Handball HB027C 2 Women's Prelims: Spain vs Angola; Argentina vs South Korea

Mon, 15/8 10.00-14.45 Hockey HO033A 2 Womens QF
  14.10-16.50 Water Polo WP022B 2 Women QF
  17.30-23.00 Badminton BD014B MS RO16, WS RO16

Tue, 16/8 17.30-23.00 Badminton BD016A WS QFs
  11.00-13.15 Boxing BX021A 56,64,81,91+;women's 51 QF

Wed, 17/8 11.00-12.45 Basketball BK053C Men's QFs
  16.00-19.00 Football FB034D Men's SF

Thu, 18/8 17.00-19.30 Hockey HO040B Final
  10.00-13.00 Wrestling WF003B Prelims - women's wrestling

Fri, 19/8 8.30-13.30 Badminton BD019B WS medals; MS semis
  16.00-19.00 Wrestling WF006C Sandeep, Narsingh Medal Matches
  20.10-22.45 Athletics AT014C M and W 4x100 Relay Final

Sat, 20/8 14.00-15.30 Boxing BX026A Finals
  10.00-11.10 Gymnastics GR003D Rhythmic

Sun 21/8 8.30-11.15 Wrestling WF009B Yogeshwar Dutt
  12.45-15.15 Wrestling WF010C Yogeshwar Dutt

A few pointers:

1. One of my friends cancelled his plans so I have spare tickets for majority of the events here. Let me know if any of you are interested in any of the events, would be giving them out at their face value :)

2. I might not be interested to watch a few of the events I have bought tickets for if Indian athletes do not reach the medal matches and would be willing to trade tickets for events where I might catch interest during the games. We can use this forum to exchange tickets according to our interests :thumbup:

3. We all could in general hang out and meet regularly during the period of the games! :clap:

According to this, the sports with more tickets sold are (in order): Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Athletics and Handball.

This Thursday, Rio will make available the last batch of tickets for brazilians fans with 100k new tickets across all sports. Hope to get something good :fingers:

3 hours ago, vinipereira said:

According to this, the sports with more tickets sold are (in order): Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Athletics and Handball.

This Thursday, Rio will make available the last batch of tickets for brazilians fans with 100k new tickets across all sports. Hope to get something good :fingers:

Haven't they opened up the portal for fans of all countries??

@Vaibhav (minchu)

7 horas atrás, Suneet disse:

Haven't they opened up the portal for fans of all countries??

5 horas atrás, Vaibhav (minchu) disse:

it's there! you can book it... not sure if the new additional tickets are meant only for Brazilians or everyone

Yes, I heard some people from outside of Brazil managed to buy tickets in the official ticketing page. Anyway, if you're looking to buy tickets, the new batch will be available in a hour or so.

Updating my schedule with:

Aug 7th 11:00 - 20:00 Tennis (TE007)

Men's and Women's Singles, Doubles First Round

Aug 13th 14:15 - 16:00 Basketball (BK037)

Men's Preliminary Round

ARGENTINA :ARG X :BRA BRAZIL

Aug 19th 20:10 - 22:45 Athletics (AT014)

Men's and Women's Prelims, Finals

The Athletics ticket is the most expensive I bought for this Olympics, but it should be a great night with Women's Pole Vault and 4x100 Relays finals.

• 2 weeks later...

Three days to "start" Olympics, i'm anxious to be on Estádio Nilton Santos to see the very first event of Olympics, Women's Football with Sweden vs South Africa and later Brazil and China. I'll be at some great events, like Athletics (Women's Pole Vault and 4x100 relays finals), Women's Handball final and in some sports which i never seen live before, like Badminton, Weightlifting and Slalom Canoeing :) 

And i expect we can do a Totallympics Meeting on the Olympic Park or in the Olympic Boulevard :d 

8 hours ago, Felipe said:

Three days to "start" Olympics, i'm anxious to be on Estádio Nilton Santos to see the very first event of Olympics, Women's Football with Sweden vs South Africa and later Brazil and China. I'll be at some great events, like Athletics (Women's Pole Vault and 4x100 relays finals), Women's Handball final and in some sports which i never seen live before, like Badminton, Weightlifting and Slalom Canoeing :) 

And i expect we can do a Totallympics Meeting on the Olympic Park or in the Olympic Boulevard :d 

Totally! Totallympics Meeting is a must! :yes

9 hours ago, Felipe said:

Which weightlifting events will you be at? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!