website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 10 (August 5)

Just now, james89 said:

I think there’s more than 7 medal chances for Canada left this week to get to 24. 

Agree, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them flop at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Skater Boy said:

I understand the frustrattion but can you imagine the athletes?  They are doing their best = they lost in 3x3 ladies basketall Ithink three games by one point and that makes the difference.  Proud of them but wish they had a medal. I think that means Canada will not beat 24 medals from Tokyo   I am n ot sure  but I think they are out in ladies beach volleyball so that means men's basketball is the hope for a medal, breaking, and they would need 5 more medals from athletics (track and field).  Maybe 2 medals in field events and 2 medals in running maybe another medal in athletics? but hard to get 24.  I am noto sure if there are boating/rowing/canoeing events we could medal or if the artistic swimming we have a chance?

They're still in beach volleyball. They still have chances in canoe/kayak, breaking, basketball, track cycling, taekwondo, weightlifting and maybe wrestling along with a few in athletics. I'd bet that they beat 24 total, but I'm not sure they can outdo the 7 golds. 

If half their 4ths came through Canada would already have 24. And they'd still be 3rd for total 4ths! 

Haven’t done an overview of the past few days. I was going to do it today, but I’m annoyed with our women’s 3x3 team and I’m watching surfing then going to sleep so hopefully tomorrow? :d

Tomorrow is also pretty slow for Canada medal-wise with Rogers in the hammer the only good shot (though it's also a good shot at gold). McKay could surprise in diving, too. 

But there's some big races in canoe/kayak and athletics, as well as Canada's quarterfinal basketball game.