website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 9

40 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Or indeed is unable to tell whether race walkers are keeping continual contact with the ground.

That’s deliberate- if they used tech they be no event left as everyone would get DQ. 

14 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Take that, mijn heren!

Not gonna lie, the Dutch getting diddly squat, and both the brits and the danes not winning, but getting something from the dressage, feels pretty bang on.

8 hours ago, TeamGB said:

Max Morgan could be Peaty's heir as well. Theodora Taylor has made massive strides recently.

GBR tend to have a lot of interesting emerging juniors - there's at least three in the men's breaststroke, though Morgan is the pick, along with Bilbao and Nowicki. The issue is pulling them through - so many of the James guy era made it, and several from the Scott-Greenbank-Anderson era, but recently they don't seem to be ...I still think we need a review of how the system is working, especially at Bath. 2016 last time a woman won an individual medal, or indeed, any medal without a fella in the race.

5 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

GBR tend to have a lot of interesting emerging juniors - there's at least three in the men's breaststroke, though Morgan is the pick, along with Bilbao and Nowicki. The issue is pulling them through - so many of the James guy era made it, and several from the Scott-Greenbank-Anderson era, but recently they don't seem to be ...I still think we need a review of how the system is working, especially at Bath. 2016 last time a woman won an individual medal, or indeed, any medal without a fella in the race.

I feel like a review is needed but 5 medals might be enough that they don’t do it and go into LA in a bit of a mess.