website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 8 (August 3)

Rowing Canada doesn’t deserve the women’s eights team.

I’m glad for the athletes that they won a medal, but a big part of me did hope they would get shut out to force a real reckoning in that federation.

Edited by NearPup

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Rowing Canada doesn’t deserve the women’s eights team.

I’m glad for the athletes that they won a medal, but a big part of me did hope they would get shut out to force a real reckoning in that federation.

With only two boats qualifying I think the reckoning was already underway.

Got so pissed off that I went back to sleep :facepalm:

Woke up thinking that Warner’s no height was a nightmare, only to find out that it was real, and nothing else has been going right today either :facepalm:

France beats Australia!

I think that's big because it probably means Canada will face Azerbaijan instead of the USA in the play-in (if USA beats China next game). 

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure. If USA wins they would have 4 wins along with Canada and Australia, but they all beat each other so I'm not sure what the tie breaker is (points? if it's points, Canada wins the tie breaker). 

Edited by orangeman

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

France beats Australia!

I think that's big because it probably means Canada will face Azerbaijan instead of the USA in the play-in (if USA beats China next game). 

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure. If USA wins they would have 4 wins along with Canada and Australia, but they all beat each other so I'm not sure what the tie breaker is (points? if it's points, Canada wins the tie breaker). 

It’s points. 

17 minutes ago, james89 said:

Devin Heroux said - "And wowza, Canada is going for it." But no lineups yet.

The lineup is Masse Knox Liendo and MacNeil on the freestyle.