website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 7

11 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Hectic evening coming up not sure i like the athletics crossing over with the swimming this soon! Then the adrenaline of the BMX racing, hope we all survive 

Throw in some trampoline, much more calming. 

Perzamanos looking impressive in the men’s trampolining qualification. Posted the highest qualifying score so far, but plenty left to come and this is only the first exercise.

Eurosport commentators say on his day and when in form he’s a contender, which I trust slightly more than the BBC.

Just now, Jon said:

Perzamanos looking impressive in the men’s trampolining qualification. Posted the highest qualifying score so far, but plenty left to come and this is only the first exercise.

Eurosport commentators say on his day and when in form he’s a contender, which I trust slightly more than the BBC.

Is it James Cracknell? Because GB would have won 100 Golds by now according to him 

Just now, Jon said:

What was good was that there is clear room for improvement in the final too.

4 minutes ago, Jon said:

I have him in my "outside contenders" bracket (which is people I expect to be roughly 4th-8th). He was 5th last year at the Worlds.

So a medal would be a bonus, if not a complete shock.

55 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think there a lot of truth to what you say @mpjmcevoy but I've never felt frustrated by Jodie or Harry in the same way. Jodie always seems to get injured when she's on the cusp of something and seems to be a woman that knows who she is and is very happy with that. I don't think Harry has ever looked unhappy in his whole life. Pidgeon  never really had a senior career for me to feel frustrated by.

@Epic Failure is right that body language may not mean anything but it does at least  impact the way I feel about sportspeople. The fact Morgan also says some things that I can't understand ('thinking about the final'?? Come on, this isn't your first champs!).

I thought this season was going to be better: coached by Robbie G, saying positive things, approaching the bar with more intent, best Champs last year...

It all adds up to a feeling of underachievement.

All that said, if she sticks with the sport because she wants to, not because she doesn't know what else to do with herself, I still believe she'll clear 2m before she's done.

She is helping convince British Athletics that they need a team of about 10-15 individuals plus relay members