website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 7

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

Excerpt from British Rowing:

In 2022 the GB Beach Sprint Team won five medals at the World Beach Sprint Finals in Wales, two medals at the European Championships in Spain and the Home Nations collectively brought seven medals back from the Commonwealth Regatta. All teams were made up of rowers from a mix of river and coastal backgrounds, the majority of whom had only tried the format for the first time that season. In 2023 our Under 19 Mixed Double won GB’s first World Beach Sprint title and five other boats medaled at the World Beach Sprint Finals.

That looks good. 

Peters and Sterritt place 7th in the skiff medal race, which leaves them 7th overall.

Unfortunately Beckett not doing well today in the dinghy, finishing 15th in Race 3 which leaves him 16th overall.

Good start from Heathcote and Grube in the mixed dinghy, 2nd in Race 1. Race 2 underway now.

Edited by Jon

1 hour ago, Olympicsnell said:

Morgan Lake will be one of those complaining she gets left at home in the future wont she, despite doing nothing with the many chances she has been given 

I mean she came 4th at the Worlds last year, so I wouldn't quantify that as "doing nothing".

A brief glance at her record shows she has represented :GBR 24 times in her career (jnr and snr), and has made the final 19 times. She's only missed it 5 times. That's a pretty fine record.

She's in the unfortunate position of being world class but not medal winning class. It happens.

This season she's been relatively off form, so missing the final wasn't a huge shock. I'd have been pleasantly surprised if she had made it.