website statistics

Team Ireland Daily Diary at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games

Yeah "resources" was probably not the right word there. "Efforts" might have been better. There's no reason, in principle, why someone from Portland Row couldn't be every bit as good a cyclist or a swimmer as someone from rural Sligo or somewhere in Armagh. We just need to continue to steadily build.the facilities and get the programmes in place to give people easy access to them, and not just the people that can easily afford it. The situation with boxing might resolve itself anyway in terms of it being removed from the games after everything that's been going on this week.

Never in doubt really, don't think I've ever been as relaxed watching an Ireland entry in an Olympic final, even three years ago was tighter than that I'm sure. 

An Irish medal a day for five straight days, including two gold. Unprecedented. The question now is can we get another today in either sailing or showjumping?

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Well the sailors totally botched that. What else to say.

It was on the cards since yesterday. I’m really annoyed at that. Finishing 9th ffs. 

Just now, duineeile said:

Totally blew it alright 😥

Uruguay and Poland had nothing to lose by trying to get the perfect start. Ireland had everything to lose and did. Have to say that was really naive.

Just now, Oldira said:

It was on the cards since yesterday. I’m really annoyed at that. Finishing 9th ffs. 

Yeah and after all a 4th place finish is commendable for this duo. But my God you can’t compliment them on that…. really amateur there. I know I’m being harsh but sometimes you have to be, if for nothing else for your own sanity.