website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Arrivals & Athletes' Village

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

You don’t lift the equivalent weight of a Police car by eating a rabbit’s diet!

not really sure how you can be a vegeterian and an olympic athlete in like anything that isn't gymnastics and synchronised swimming.

4 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

not really sure how you can be a vegeterian and an olympic athlete in like anything that isn't gymnastics and synchronised swimming.

Ask Carl Lewis.

16 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

Definitely possible though, plenty of athletes from top tennis players to ultra runners and from triathletes to football and basketball players who are vegetarian. There's no way I'd go for that personally (because meat just tastes so good and I'm weak :p), athlete or not, but it is certainly possible.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, are there many athletes in your countries who are not staying in the Olympic Village? I got curious, because several Dutch athletes don't. The road cyclists for example are all in a hotel outside of Paris to be able to focus on the competition better, and triathlete Maya Kingma is in her own separate AirBnb because she wants to stay entirely away from all the coaches, staff and other triathletes in the team (like she does for every international race, due to a very shitty culture of fear, bullying and whatnot).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, are there many athletes in your countries who are not staying in the Olympic Village? I got curious, because several Dutch athletes don't. The road cyclists for example are all in a hotel outside of Paris to be able to focus on the competition better, and triathlete Maya Kingma is in her own separate AirBnb because she wants to stay entirely away from all the coaches, staff and other triathletes in the team (like she does for every international race, due to a very shitty culture of fear, bullying and whatnot).

The tennis players are staying in the National Tennis Training Center, which is located - oh the surprise - just meters away from Roland Garros stadium, the guys riding horses are staying near Versailles. I think that's it (on top of shooters, surfers and sailors obviously)

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

The tennis players are staying in the National Tennis Training Center, which is located - oh the surprise - just meters away from Roland Garros stadium, the guys riding horses are staying near Versailles. I think that's it (on top of shooters, surfers and sailors obviously)

Potentially dumb question, but why is the shooters not staying in the village obvious? :p 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Potentially dumb question, but why is the shooters not staying in the village obvious? :p 

The shooting venue is in Chateauroux, quite far from Paris.

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

In Châteauroux ?

Oof, three hours by car I see. Yeah, that's unfortunate, but then that makes sense indeed.