website statistics

Your safest Gold Medal Picks for Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

On 7/3/2024 at 11:35 AM, Dkats said:

I’ve got 5 locks for gold for Australia 

Woman's 4x100 free

Woman's 4x200 free

Woman's 200 free
Mckeown inevitably winning at least 1 of her 3 strong events

Wearn ICLA7 sailing 

McKeown winning a gold isn’t inevitable. I think it is inevitable that she will win at least 2 individual silver medals (100/200 back). In the 200 IM she could miss the podium (or win gold).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 7/3/2024 at 8:17 AM, Surreal said:

In terms of track cycling there are a few near locks I can think of:

Harrie Lavreysen : Men's Individual Sprint :NED  - A couple of years ago he was challenged by the Aussie Richardson but he's been a class apart from everyone for the last 18 or so months. Right now I'd pick him to win 3 Golds with the individual sprint a near lock.

Emma Finucane: Women's Individual Sprint :GBR  - Has dominated this event this past year. Set the fastest Flying 200m time not on altitude at the world champs last year with a 10.2. Still only 21 so will only improve and like Lavreysen is also destined for greatness in Paris imo with 3 Golds not out of the equation for her too.

Ethan Hayter: Men's Omnium :GBR -  Been tremendous in this discipline ever since Tokyo, In fact I don't even think he's lost an omnium he's competed in since Tokyo (not completely sure, happy to be proven wrong). - One thing I will say about the omnium though is that crashes and luck do sometimes play a major part so I'm much more confident in the previously mentioned riders.

Finucane certainly isn’t a lock. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Germany: No locks, but some gold medal favorites at least 

Swimming men‘s 400 m: Märtens

10 km men’s open water swimming: Wellbrock 

10 km women‘s open water swimming: Beck

Rowing men‘s single sculls: Zeidler

Athletics men‘s decathlon: Neugebauer

Men’s K4 500 m canoeing sprint

1 hour ago, Timezone said:

Usa in womens medely relay lock also. 

Isn't Korea im archery and China ping pong also locks. 

Archery is very unpredictable, especially the individuals. And while Korea will still win 3/4 gold, it is difficult to predict which gold it will lose, so hard to say it is a lock in any event. Additionally, the Korean women's team that has not lost a gold ever probably faces its biggest-ever challenge in the Chinese team that defeated it twice in world cups this year.

Agree with the Chinese being lock in ping pong. 

22 minutes ago, Somebodyyouknow said:

Additionally, the Korean women's team that has not lost a gold ever probably faces its biggest-ever challenge in the Chinese team that defeated it twice in world cups this year.

That by itself is already easily enough to say it's not a lock. Genuine 'locks' (as far as they exist) don't lose in the months before the Olympics, at all. They win, and do so by big margins, every single time.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

China for diving, table tennis and women's weightlifting (except Reeves and Dajomes, where no Chinese)

Korea's women archery team are threatened by Chinese team for their 10 time Gold medal streak in Women's team, but I think men's team have good enough chance for win gold. 

Men's team won both 2021, 2023 world championship and they won every world cup gold medal during 2022-2023 season without the 1st one each, where they did not appeared. There only loss since tokyo was 1st olympic of this season, where India got gold and Korea got silver. (And Korea got gold in 2nd, 3rd world cup). 

:wROU: Romania : No locks, but some gold medal favorites I strongly believe in

Rowing: double sculls women

Rowing: 8+ women

Canoeing: C1-1000 m: Catalin Chirila

I have no sympathy for chemical romances, that's why I won't mention popovici

Edited by zob79

29 minutes ago, Timezone said:

Ukrainian lady broke wr surely is a lock high jump

Falls in the category of strong fav but not a “lock”, in global competitions in recent years it has been very tight in the women’s high jump. There are certainly no guarantees she manages to go 2-10 again.