website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2024 (Tour de France)

Haha, almost 4 minutes faster than the record of Marco Pantani :lol:

(With those behind Pantani being the likes of Contador, Rasmussen, Ullrich, Boogerd, Piepoli :d)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

how many have been eliminated? think they will have to basically ditch the limits for this stage and make up new ones given what Pog just did

1 hour ago, RussB said:

how many have been eliminated? think they will have to basically ditch the limits for this stage and make up new ones given what Pog just did

Only one rider outside the time limit. The others were at least 2 minutes before the cutoff

18 minutes ago, Agger said:

Only one rider outside the time limit. The others were at least 2 minutes before the cutoff

They did indeed expand the percentage for the time limit. Otherwise it would have got rid of a signficant chunk of the field 

3 minutes ago, RussB said:

They did indeed expand the percentage for the time limit. Otherwise it would have got rid of a signficant chunk of the field 

But surely they expanded it beforehand? As in, the stages are generally rated beforehand and based on that and the finishing time, the time limits are set. I do hope that's not changed during the Tour.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But surely they expanded it beforehand? As in, the stages are generally rated beforehand and based on that and the finishing time, the time limits are set. I do hope that's not changed during the Tour.

Just doing the maths (which is rough) it looks like they expanded it by 2% over what the max was given the speed of the stage. I’m not sure when they did that / or if my maths is exactly right 

Comparison of today's performances (given in w/kgs) versus 2022 perfomances. Pogacar and Jonas-i-was-almost-dead-two-weeks-ago-vingegaard are pulling stuff we have never seen before and a guy like Landa is basically as good as the 2022 version of the two aliens.

Ok.

14 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Comparison of today's performances (given in w/kgs) versus 2022 perfomances. Pogacar and Jonas-i-was-almost-dead-two-weeks-ago-vingegaard are pulling stuff we have never seen before and a guy like Landa is basically as good as the 2022 version of the two aliens.

Ok.

We are back at the level of US Postal on Alpe d'Huez, Marco Pantani needing to brake in the corners while climbing Ventoux or the Portuguese wonderboys sprinting up the mountains in their home races :d

At least I was entertained :p