website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

George_D

Goal achieved! We are far from our top level in 2008-2012 and probably won't make it to the QF, but at least we managed to qualify and Rudy Fernández will play his 6th and last Olympics.

Regarding :wGRE: team for Olympic tournaments

1996- qualification from the Athens Eurobasket (4th place, the first 4 qualified)

2004- host country, direct qualification

2008- qualification from the pre-Olympic tournament at our home, in Athens

2024- qualification from the pre-Olympic tournament at our home again, in Piraeus

In all 4 participations home helped us to qualify :) , since less teams progress in the olympics, we have a lot of difficulty in qualifying process...

11 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Goal achieved! We are far from our top level in 2008-2012 and probably won't make it to the QF, but at least we managed to qualify and Rudy Fernández will play his 6th and last Olympics.

Spain must include in the NT younger talented players like Sergio De Larrea, Aday Mara Gómez

Just now, George_D said:

Spain must include in the NT younger talented players like Sergio De Larrea, Aday Mara Gómez

I don't think that's going to happen. If you asked me last year I saw a good chance for Aday Mara or even Izan Almansa to make the cut, but this season Aday joined UCLA and, as far as I know, he didn't play very often.

I think I'm the only Puertorican :PUR in this forum :d :bye:

Lithuania is undoubtedly the favorite today.  I'm just hoping for a close game, and you never know.... Good luck!

Considering how difficult it is to qualify in this sport, I think it's pretty remarkable that from 1980 onwards, :ESP only missed the 2000 Olympics in men's basketball. 11 out of the last 12. Only :USA and :AUS have a perfect record. In Europe the closest team is :LTU, that competed in 7 out of 8 Olympics after the independence. Let's see if they make it 8 out of 9 in a few hours.

13 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

a bit bitter,don't you think ?

I don't think so, I didn't post anything wrong, I just doesn't wanted to see this team in Paris, that's it.

5 minutes ago, Rad said:

I think I'm the only Puertorican :PUR in this forum :d :bye:

Lithuania is undoubtedly the favorite today.  I'm just hoping for a close game, and you never know.... Good luck!

oh hi:bye:,i was searching for a puerto rican yesterday,welcome to the site and good luck tonight:).

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

oh hi:bye:,i was searching for a puerto rican yesterday,welcome to the site and good luck tonight:).

Thank you! You too :hatoff: