website statistics

Rowing WR Final World Olympic Qualification Regatta 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ogreman said:

https://worldrowing.com/event/2024-world-rowing-final-olympic-and-paralympic-qualification-regatta/

Entries are out.

Few noteworthy things- Italy go back to Federica Cesarini and Valentina Rodini in the LW2x (Although is Silvia Crosio injured?)

- Norway and China despite having the M2x qualified pick a M4x with Helvig and Brun/ Zhang and Liu who qualified the double in the quad.

- No Irish M4- :cry:.

As far as I know, Crosio is not injured. There are 4 equal lightweight rowers: Rodini, Cesarini, Crosio and Buttignon. The final training sessions were supposed to decide which team would go to Lucerne and apparently the gold duo from Tokyo was selected. Even if he advances, changes are possible for the Olympics. 

Edited by copravolley

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

who are the favorites?

In LW2x two places will be taken by someone from 3: ITA, FRA, GRE. Each of these crew has almost the same chances and it will be a very close race. Whoever emerges victorious from this fight can win a medal in Paris.

WX4: Ukraine and Fra/Can/USA. Italian women don't send a crew here.

W8: Italy and Ger/Chn.

Edited by copravolley

40 minutes ago, copravolley said:

As far as I know, Crosio is not injured. There are 4 equal lightweight rowers: Rodini, Cesarini, Crosio and Buttignon. The final training sessions were supposed to decide which team would go to Lucerne and apparently the gold duo from Tokyo was selected. Even if he advances, changes are possible for the Olympics. 

No, no changes are possibile for crews who qualify in Lucerna 

15 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

No, no changes are possibile for crews who qualify in Lucerna 

I'm hope that Italy will advance in:

M1x: Mumolo,
M4-: Lodo, Vicino, Abagnale, Kohl,
LW2x: Rodini- Cesarini
W8: Pelacchi, de Filippis, Gnatta, Rocek, Codato, Terrazzi, Mondelli, Bumbaca, Capponi.

In M8: USA and Canada will be favourite then Italy. In W2- I have no idea what English-Hawke/Meriano can do. I'm a bit surprised that we don't send W4x. From what I heard: Guerra/Gobbi are will prepared for W2x and maybe that's why. In a situation where Rodini-Cesarini will start in LW2x, Buttignon-Crosio will be reserves in the lightweight category - I remind you that these two advanced to the World Championships in W2x.

15 minutes ago, dodge said:

The only exception to this is a medical exemption, but you’re correct in general 

Italians in Tokyo 2021 they replaced a rower in M4- due to Covid - a few hours before the final and they had a bronze medal.

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I'm hope that Italy will advance in:

M1x: Mumolo,
M4-: Lodo, Vicino, Abagnale, Kohl,
LW2x: Rodini- Cesarini
W8: Pelacchi, de Filippis, Gnatta, Rocek, Codato, Terrazzi, Mondelli, Bumbaca, Capponi.

In M8: USA and Canada will be favourite then Italy. In W2- I have no idea what English-Hawke/Meriano can do. I'm a bit surprised that we don't send W4x. From what I heard: Guerra/Gobbi are will prepared for W2x and maybe that's why. In a situation where Rodini-Cesarini will start in LW2x, Buttignon-Crosio will be reserves in the lightweight category - I remind you that these two advanced to the World Championships in W2x.

Look at the start list of women 4x and Remember the last race of different italian crews, no chance at all, right decision

1 minute ago, Andry84 said:

Look at the start list of women 4x and Remember the last race of different italian crews, no chance at all, right decision

In my opinion only Ukraine is out of reach even in our form is close to the previous World Champ. However, we have too many injuries and changes. Some rowers also go to study in the USA and there is no continuation of work. In your opinion we are greater chances for advance in W2-?