website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

We are going to win 2 golds in boxing but we won't even have 1 bronze. It's the biggest shame about Abbes in the 92 kg category, because the Uzbek, who he lost to after a questionable result in the 1st round, won gold today and won all the next fights very confidently. If the Italian had made it through the 1st round, he would probably be happy with gold today. And we might miss that 1 gold very much at the very end of the games :( 

6 hours ago, copravolley said:

I have friends in Poland and I know that you no longer have the right-wing government that you used to have. This new one probably won't make a circus out of sports and this fight?

Sure. But after 8 years of their ruling it's sth like two nations in one country. We think the opposite about everything, they try to prove that everyone who respects anything is Tusk German leftwinger with no brain, not a Pole, a traitor. Language of hate all the time. Pole is a cathol who thinks that woman are cunts (if they have their opinion) and everyone different just a bit is a sickbrain trans. And this PiS which was ruling together with Konfederacja now (Szeremeta is their important member)...well...there is a lot of them. And they like...ready to be back all the time mental like. I can't live in my country now as a happy person. I am real right side, liberał, but a traitor brainless cunt for them. So, i love the country, always will, the nation of Poland...we are not a nation now. They treat this semi in unhuman way, i just don't believe what happened to this nation. So much  hate...They have their own media, tv station, always trying all the rest to obey their private rules. Sth similar to Gilead ideas. 

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Also the war in Ukraine should be over by 2028 an

Brave of you to say, given that it was certain the war would be over "in a few months, then a year, then it couldn't go to two years" etc. 

I've said it before, but with America's rich, rich history in boxing, I'd be flabbergasted if they'd drop boxing right before their hosting. No matter what kind of other scandals the IOC has with boxing, it will be a gigantic opportunity for the US to revive interest in this sport and I'm sure there are lots of regional and local parties with interests in this. 

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Brave of you to say, given that it was certain the war would be over "in a few months, then a year, then it couldn't go to two years" etc. 

I've said it before, but with America's rich, rich history in boxing, I'd be flabbergasted if they'd drop boxing right before their hosting. No matter what kind of other scandals the IOC has with boxing, it will be a gigantic opportunity for the US to revive interest in this sport and I'm sure there are lots of regional and local parties with interests in this. 

I don't listen to political talking heads, if Trump gets elected he'll pull back NATO's support and Ukraine will be forced into peace talks, period. EU is unable to finance this war themselves.

And yeah, people here forget how many medals USA can win in boxing. Plus their main target is China which is doing better in swimming. Nobody in USA cares about these Uzbeks or Kazakhs winning medals in boxing so there will be no pressure to "punish" them.

28 minutes ago, Vektor said:

There really needs to be some definitive tests to see how much of an advantage the two gold medalists had because the moment they completely open the doors for this, women's boxing will be over. 

But she competed in Tokyo and at the 2023 World Championships, only then was she in poor form and didn`t win medals. Only here did the Taiwanese and Algerian jump out in such high form. I`m interested in this weight class because of the successes of our Irma Testa and she won gold at the World Championships in 2023. In Tokyo 2021, the gold was won by a Japanese woman who is no longer competing and in the final she defeated Petecio from the Philippines.

Edited by copravolley