website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I have always think that Budapest with an LGBT-friendly city.

Well this is political posturing by a newspaper (which started to become politicized in the last x years therefore I stopped reading it completely)

1 minute ago, pdr4332 said:

Well this is political posturing by a newspaper (which started to become politicized in the last x years therefore I stopped reading it completely)

Is there much government-free press/TV etc in Hungary?

9 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Is there much government-free press/TV etc in Hungary?

At least 2 TV channels (among the one which deal with politics most or part of the time, not considering like thematic channels), a couple of newspapers (honestly few people read newspapers in physical form any more) and a good part of online media (like half?)

By the way, apart from the public television, even media friendly to the gov is owned by businessmen close to the gov and not the state itself.
But I am not a big consumer of :HUN media (for example on TV I only watch sports and NatGeo etc.)

Edited by pdr4332

19 minutes ago, copravolley said:

What is being written about this situation in your country? Is Algeria conservative country?

They complain against western media , they even posted her photos when she was young ...she is a woman 

This is the president of olympic comittee:

709032021.jpg

But generally people dont care about olympic games , they dont even know what it is

Edited by bestmen

5 minutes ago, Ros said:

Guys, are there any official statement by your NOC regarding this case? 

What I read online: Hungarian boxing fed will protest to the Hungarian Olympic Committee and IOC for the participation of the Algerian athlete and try to make a legal challenge thereto. Even if it is not possible or not successful, the :HUN athlete will do the match.

This was said by the :HUN boxer herself to , e.g. M4 Sport of :HUN and BBC Radio Sport.

3 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

At least 2 TV channels, a couple of newspapers (honestly few people read newspapers in physical form any more) and a good part of online media (like half?)

But I am not a big consumer of :HUN media (for example on TV I only watch sports and NatGeo etc.)

Me too. In the past you would find out about the results of the games from printed newspapers + possibly teletext. Now everything is on the internet. About 20 years ago, when I was traveling with my father around Europe in the summer, in almost every country I would buy the local sport newspaper to read about the results. Well, maybe not in Hungary, because you have a very difficult language :P