website statistics

Men's Basketball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

We were much much better team this time, but well.... You cant play against 5 players and 2 refs

Cry me a river, when you lose it's always the refs, right? in every sport and every game, you lost because you have one Jokic who is amazing, but at the end of the day you didn't have Lebron, Durant, Steph, Embid and couldn't make the big shot. Yes you were better for 35 minutes, but how many times in the NBA team wins it in the last 5?

6 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

Oh c'mon, show some basic respect. 

I agree with you, but it would be cool to not spoil results of sports in threads of other sports :p 

We've already had way too much of that again these Olympics :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Cry me a river, when you lose it's always the refs, right? in every sport and every game, you lost because you have one Jokic who is amazing, but at the end of the day you didn't have Lebron, Durant, Steph, Embid and couldn't make the big shot. Yes you were better for 35 minutes, but how many times in the NBA team wins it in the last 5?

Yeah sure 😘

3 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

Most people cheer for an underdog. Nothing new so what are you up to? In 4 years we will cheer for your handball team😉

Oh god i hope the IHF will not just give them a ticket, those teams will be so embarrassing, just like men's field hockey.

BTW any team that have Jokic is not an underdog

1 minute ago, NikolaB said:

Apsolutelly not

You shouldnt be a judge in your own case. They were clear, obvious. You really fought were but they were just better. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Oh god i hope the IHF will not just give them a ticket, those teams will be so embarrassing, just like men's field hockey.

BTW any team that have Jokic is not an underdog

Considering both handball teams got wildcards for the next world championships, yeah, they're gonna get into the Olympics for free :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• With past precedence, a sport not in thr top 2 tiers will likely find it hard to add another discipline without dropping event. For ex. Canoeing in Paris.
    • I'm sure Kata is very historically meaningful, but it's not sport. Lots of dancing is very ritualised too. Still not sport.
    • Ok but the kata is not dancing, are a sequence of pre-established movements which have centuries and is one of the pillars of most martials arts, i cant simply equalize with an street dancing. In kata, i watch a martialist looking for make perfection, in breakdancing i watch a dancer trying to make the best choreography for a judge.
    • Is there anyone out there tracking countries that have met the Alpine Olympic standard already? There have been enough SAC races for it to be possible I think.
    • Karate obviously has lots of problems with officiating. and WKF itself is not a great organization either (most of their rule changes are dumb) but the scoring basic is very simple with only 1 or 2 rare situations.    I know in past IOC (under previous IOC presidents not the current dictator) asked WKF to find a solution, using helmets or something like that to avoid situation like the last Olympic final. and I remember WKF used it for few tournaments around 2000 (1998 Asian Games for example) but nobody (specially the athletes) didn't like it, they dropped the idea.   I totally understand Kata looks very very boring, (as boring as Surfing in my opinion) but that's the heart of karate. even if WKF is allowed to pick 1 event for the Olympics, they will pick Kata  (team kata is much better though)
    • Cross-country is a long standing WA ask. Handball was never going to get Beach, Gymnastics would defo want tumbling, but possibly prefer double mini or trampoline synchro to acrobatic. High diving SHOULD get in and Archery would be better looking at field events, but may be satisfied with the five it has.
    • Worth noting that MMA was once more or less known as 'no holds barred', the most brutal form of combat sport....but almost immediately, certain holds and techniques were barred! Eye gouging, fishhooking and, more important for this discussion "small joint manipulation" - i.e torture submissions based on breaking fingers and toes. Holds that work in te real world...but are unacceptable in the sport. Any martial art that becomes a sport compromises - what do you think boxing gloves are?   My problem with karate is following the scoring and understanding what scores and what doesn't. The action itself looks interesting, but its hard to read a context.   Under no circumstances whatsoever should we see fierce growling and staring at invisible people - Kata - ever return to the games - the only event more shambolic that B-girl Raygun. What next, Haka?
    • I can understand if they don’t have the multi-events and the walks on the athletic programme, but no javelin? 
    • That was never a controversy for anybody who has watched this sport for an hour.   in Judo you can win by strangulation or something but you can't break the neck I assume.  that's the same with kicking (or punching) to the head in Karate, you can kick but you can't kick with maximum force. that's the first thing they teach you in Karate. the very first thing.