website statistics

What events are you waiting for the most in Paris 2024?

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

lol he has fans,what do you mean

Just a way of saying how dedicated a fan I am of his. He’s elevating the hype I have for the sprints in a way not even Bolt did. Even though the 100m is looking more competitive I’ve always enjoyed the 200m more.

23 minutes ago, Book said:

Gonna go top 6 in order:

6. All mixed relays, triathlon, track, swimming

5. Men’s 200 m sprint (if Noah Lyles has no fans I’m dead)

4. Women’s football 

3. Cycling Road Races

2. BMX freestyle

1. Boulder/Lead sport climbing (thus the profile picture)

I must be alive then. :p

Him, along with Sha’Carri Richardson are my least favourite athletes in athletics probably. 

(If anyone is curious, I also don’t like Tom Dean in swimming, Thiago Seyboth Wild/Stefanos Tsitsipas/Beatriz Haddad Maia/Jelena Ostapenko in tennis, and Ana Patricia in beach volleyball)

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

Him, along with Sha’Carri Richardson are my least favourite athletes in athletics probably. 

(If anyone is curious, I also don’t like Tom Dean in swimming, Thiago Seyboth Wild/Stefanos Tsitsipas/Beatriz Haddad Maia/Jelena Ostapenko in tennis, and Ana Patricia in beach volleyball)

What's the problem with Lyles? I get Richardson, but Lyles doesn't seem to be all over the top (for a sprinter, at least)? Of course anyone has their favourites and dislikes :p (personally for example I'm beyond happy that the aggressive idiot Mekhissi-Benabbad isn't competing anymore, although it'd have been even better to see him compete and fail miserably at home...probably the only athleted I'd wish that one, since most of my other dislikes I just, well, kind of dislike, but don't really wish ill or anything :p

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

Sha'carri is eh,i would say she's improved a little if 2022 sha'carri won the world championships,i would of hated it,but she seems to be taking shit seriously now.Not really a fan but i don't really dislike her anymore.She's mid for me i guess.

As a sport I'd put (men's) weightlifting high on my list, haven't seen it since Tokyo despite always enjoying it. Just have mixed feelings about it because of the tiny field size. Same kind of thing with wrestling, I find it fun to watch but never really get to it, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

Most of the running events in athletics, the 100m freestyle in swimming, most of the rowing, obviously the mountainbike...I'm surely forgetting some things but off the top of my head I am definitely looking forward to those :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

What's the problem with Lyles? I get Richardson, but Lyles doesn't seem to be all over the top (for a sprinter, at least)? Of course anyone has their favourites and dislikes :p (personally for example I'm beyond happy that the aggressive idiot Mekhissi-Benabbad isn't competing anymore, although it'd have been even better to see him compete and fail miserably at home...probably the only athleted I'd wish that one, since most of my other dislikes I just, well, kind of dislike, but don't really wish ill or anything :p

Too cocky, and has way too big of an ego for my liking. Not saying you can’t be confident, but if you’re going to talk the talk at least back it up. Sure, he did win the three gold medals he said he was going to win in Budapest, but he also said he was going 9.65 in the 100m, 19.10 in the 200m, and a WR in the 4x100m relay. He was nowhere close to those times, going 9.83 in the 100m and 19.52 in the 200m, along with being about a half second off the WR in the 4x100m relay. In 2022, Lyles was talking about how United States would be guaranteed gold if he was on the 4x100m relay. He was on the squad, but had a bad handoff and it wasn’t a great leg of running by him either. Overall, he just seems to be such a dick. Props to him for the “World champions of what?” comment though.  

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Too cocky, and has way too big of an ego for my liking. Not saying you can’t be confident, but if you’re going to talk the talk at least back it up. Sure, he did win the three gold medals he said he was going to win in Budapest, but he also said he was going 9.65 in the 100m, 19.10 in the 200m, and a WR in the 4x100m relay. He was nowhere close to those times, going 9.83 in the 100m and 19.52 in the 200m, along with being about a half second off the WR in the 4x100m relay. In 2022, Lyles was talking about how United States would be guaranteed gold if he was on the 4x100m relay. He was on the squad, but had a bad handoff and it wasn’t a great leg of running by him either. Overall, he just seems to be such a dick. Props to him for the “World champions of what?” comment though.  

So I'm guessing you're even less of a fan of Omanyala? :p 

At least Lyles backed up the most important of his talks, Omanyala just said he was going to win every 100m and then lost everything :d 

Edited by heywoodu

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So I'm guessing you're even less of a fan of Omanyala? :p 

At least Lyles backed up the most important of his talks, Omanyala just said he was going to win every 100m and then lost everything :d 

Not really. Omanyala seems much more likeable as a person.