website statistics

GB Boxing

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Not a snowballs chance of that. Funding is forward looking, and a program that has consistently provided medals is not going to be starved for one poor showing - e.g. Se Rowing which had a dreadful time in tokyo, or Swimming in 2012. Funding was cut, a bit, but not a chance it would go completely or even close. At absolute worst there would be a review of the cycle - I mean, come on, have people forgotten when GB sent ONE BOXER to the Games?

Both lf those won medals. If Boxing falls to get even one the pressure will be on considerably particularly if the whole narrative of the entire team is a big drop in medals. 

Edited by Orangehair43

2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Both lf those won medals. If Boxing falls to get even one the pressure will be on considerably particularly if the whole narrative of the entire team is a big drop in medals. 

the only narrative of a "BIG" drop in medals is yours, no one else remotely thinks this.

Richardson over Akbar again is bonkers to me.

Not sure Stubley deserved the shot over Resztan.

Broadhurst ultimately deserves it, I’d say Shona Whitwell was second choice but Broadhurst should win a medal, you wouldn’t say that of the others