website statistics

Taekwondo ETU European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

It's the same issue on tennis.

Will athletes from Russia and Belarus qualify differently or their "joint" team will have 4 female and 4 male quotas on individual?

And... will they be able to form a pair to doubles? and if so... could they form a Russian/Belarussian pair? 

I don't think so. as far as I understand they are not being considered as the same team. the IOC just uses the same term for both of them to confuse us :d

Just now, MHSN said:

I don't think so. as far as I understand they are not being considered as the same team. the IOC just uses the same term for both of them to confuse us :d

hahahaha i'm still not sure if double counts as a  team to add to the mix

10 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

hahahaha i'm still not sure if double counts as a  team to add to the mix

Thomas Bach visited personally ITF meeting where they decided to allow russian and belorussian tennis players to take part in doubles and mixed.

The reason - they quallify not as a team but according to their persoanal rankings. That is the difference with other cases. Very controversial decision.

So right now it is up to russian government whether to send athletes ot not. 

2 most possible outcomes:

1. They send athletes only in a small number of events (wrestling, taekwondo, judo, tennis) where they have real chances to get medals.

2. Athletes "themselves" refuse to take part in the games under the proposed conditions (of course they will be just instructed what to say, like before 1984 Olympics).