website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Allround & Sprint World Championships 2024

18 hours ago, phelps said:

:JPN Miho Takagi and :CHN Zhongyan Ning are the 2024 Sprint World Champions :champion:

Takagi beat the :NED duo Femke Kok (2nd) and Jutta Leerdam (3rd), meanwhile Zhongyan outskated :NED Jenning De Boo and :CAN Laurent Dubreuil thanks to his superiority over the 1000m stints

In the end I think especially Ning's 34.4 did the trick, that was...masterful :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, with this 5k Stolz has now passed Shani Davis and Sven Kramer in the Adelskalender, the alltime allround ranking. Only Roest is ahead now, but of course Stolz has a lot more to gain than Roest, who already has 6:02 and 12:35.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5k is done and Stolz has gone from one of the two main favourites for the gold to the one and only sky high top favourite :p 

5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I highly underscored Stolz in 5/10k apparently :p

Even though he already had a 6:20 (on sea level), and has a 13:17 :p

Ghiotto will eat him alive on the 10k of course, Roest should normally do that as well, kind of the same for both on the 5k (but yeah, 16:14, good luck winning a lot on that)....but in the 500m alone Stolz wins like 40 10k seconds, and in the 1500 he'll destroy both as well :d 

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Surely the surprise wasn't for him winning that? Biggest favourite for a single distance ever in the allround championships :d 

No, I’m talking about the timing between him responding to my question “Why Stolz isn’t competing” and me finding the post that said that he was in fact competing :d

Him winning was far from a surprise. 

Miho Takagi is out, by the way. Not surprising, her coach was already very doubtful about it after the 500m :p 

And Roest, about his weird 5k, said he 'didnt dare follow Ghiotto'. Which is so unbelievable, he beat the man more than 10 times in 2 years and is by far the king of the 5k, he skates 6:05 with apparent ease in Heerenveen. How on earth doesn't he dare to follow Ghiotto? If it's a 10k, fine, Ghiotto is next-level there, but the 5k?

Like former skater Erben Wennemars said on Dutch TV after the 5k: Roest let himself be pushed into a background role due to the massive Stolz hype, and he is riding like it. It was a 5k of someone who accepted defeat before he started.

Roest needs to make up 33.38 seconds on Stolz in the 10k :d 

I mean, with the race of his life it's possible, but yeah....not likely. Ghiotto will need the race of his life for bronze, I thought he'd be a bit closer...

Edited by heywoodu