website statistics

GB Athletics

52 minutes ago, RussB said:

Really don’t see the argument over not taking Chalmers. He ran the time without gaining any advantage.

Dina with a really impressive performance! 22.18 into a headwind in the cold conditions.

Is Chalmers definitely eligible? I know the Road to Paris site isn't super reliable, but according to the list there, 35 of the 40 places will be filled by athletes who have the quota, so there are only 5 World Ranking places available, and the RtP list has Chalmers behind 7 other athletes for those final spots... 

21 minutes ago, cjsavory said:

Is Chalmers definitely eligible? I know the Road to Paris site isn't super reliable, but according to the list there, 35 of the 40 places will be filled by athletes who have the quota, so there are only 5 World Ranking places available, and the RtP list has Chalmers behind 7 other athletes for those final spots... 

Over at Athletics Weekly they’re saying the Jury have reinstated Chalmers so unless the French appeal (not ruling it out :roflmao:) he’s in!  

Edited by Grassmarket

44 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

ffs kerr you better be ok 

also just potentially torpedoed giles olympic hopes 

It was Giles’ fault… he wasn’t finishing in the top 2 given how that race was unfolding

1 hour ago, RussB said:

It was Giles’ fault… he wasn’t finishing in the top 2 given how that race was unfolding

The real beneficiary will probably be Wightman. Eyes will however turn to George Mills to see if he coughs up the 1500 spot in return for getting the 5000 in his better event.

Unluckiest chap in the stadium, Phil Norman.

47 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

The real beneficiary will probably be Wightman. Eyes will however turn to George Mills to see if he coughs up the 1500 spot in return for getting the 5000 in his better event.

Unluckiest chap in the stadium, Phil Norman.

There's surely grounds for a good and positive appeal for both Norman and Nuttall. 0.15 in a steeplechase is equivalent to 0.01 in a 100m and 0.65 in a 5000m is equivalent to 0.05 in a 100m. It's also not like they've not been consistently close to the UKA standard either so if there are a good amount of spots left open (which there should be) I see no reason not to take them to get us up to at least 50 athletes. 

48 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

There's surely grounds for a good and positive appeal for both Norman and Nuttall. 0.15 in a steeplechase is equivalent to 0.01 in a 100m and 0.65 in a 5000m is equivalent to 0.05 in a 100m. It's also not like they've not been consistently close to the UKA standard either so if there are a good amount of spots left open (which there should be) I see no reason not to take them to get us up to at least 50 athletes. 

We’re we not targeting 60 a few days ago. No we could be sub 45? 

4 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

We’re we not targeting 60 a few days ago. No we could be sub 45? 

I think relays will push us over 60 but in terms of individual athletes we may struggle to reach 50 which is unacceptable. Only UKA to blame, with them setting OQT times as UKA standard times in events where it's turned out that less than a third of qualified athletes will qualify via getting the OQT.