website statistics

Team GB medal hopes - Cycling Road to Paris 2024

On 7/13/2024 at 2:40 PM, RussB said:

I'm still going to cling to my hope that they give it to Zoe, or is the squad fixed at the 4 named in the road race (so can only be Deignan / Georgi/ Morris)?...

You can't only do the ITT; you have to compete in another event also which means Zoe wouldn't be allowed to do the ITT. Georgi may be given the spot.

5 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

It just strikes me as odd naming Morris in both Road and track - thus creating, in theory, a free quota space, without at least considering sticking someone in. I'm assuming the madison team is evans and barker, and possibly barker also in the omnium. 

My guess would be Neah rides the omnium but at this point we are guessing. Madison should be Evans and barker though definitely.

Semi interesting foible.

The athletes are now entered in the database, and obviously alternates are also there.

Interestingly, Tarling remains listed for track as well as road - obviously, he's an alternate

But more interesting is that Elinor Barker is listed for both track and road...

35 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Semi interesting foible.

The athletes are now entered in the database, and obviously alternates are also there.

Interestingly, Tarling remains listed for track as well as road - obviously, he's an alternate

But more interesting is that Elinor Barker is listed for both track and road...

Does this mean she rides the time trial? I'm still not clear how all of the quotas can get shuffled and combined, sure it will come out in the wash!

2 hours ago, RussB said:

Does this mean she rides the time trial? I'm still not clear how all of the quotas can get shuffled and combined, sure it will come out in the wash!

2 hours ago, RussB said:

No, she's listed for all three track events and the road race, but not the time trial. I expect that means she is the reserve for the road race if one of them picks up an injury - although the Backstedt sisters were named as reserves by Welsh cycling.

anna Morris is listed for the Road Race, Time Trial and team pursuit - but NOT for madison or omnium

Apart from Evans and Barker, only Jess Roberts is named for anything other than team pursuit - she's named for madison.

At this stage, either Morris or Georgi is doing the time trial, Barker-Evans is the madison team (and a good one), with one of them also dong the omnium - if Barker has to do Road, it'll be Evans, otherwise I think Barker.