website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Josh

25 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The only teams that can realistically win a medal are :BRA:FRA:ITA:JPN:POL:USA. Maybe :SLO with a lot of luck. I don't think :ARG:CAN:GER & :SRB have enough.

Brazil? :mumble::lol:

Edit: OK… maybe you’re right on that

Slovenia are realistic medal contenders IMO (although I’d agree that they’re a tier below, but I don’t think the gap is as big as you), and I think US should be a tier below Slovenia with Muagututia on their team. Germany (who have rested Krick and Grozer a lot) might be an outside chance, but they’ll need a lot of luck. 

And as for Canada, we’ll see… 

Edited by Josh

12 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Every now and then, but what does that have to do with anything? Their record speaks for themselves.

It’s not only about the record, but about their level of play, through not only here but the Olympic Qualifiers. Actually I might have been overreacting about the Japan game today, just disappointed. 

30 minutes ago, Josh said:

Slovenia are realistic medal contenders IMO (although I’d agree that they’re a tier below, but I don’t think the gap is as big as you), and I think US should be a tier below Slovenia with Muagututia on their team. Germany (who have rested Krick and Grozer a lot) might be an outside chance, but they’ll need a lot of luck. 

Brazil and USA certainly a step below. 

Slovenia... I don't think they are clutch in big games but with such strong record in VNL I can't write them off.

Germany was great in the OQT but winning a medal with such mid team and an ancient star would be asking too much. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Honestly, with the exception of Poland I don't see any team doing anything special that we can't win.

4 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Honestly, with the exception of Poland I don't see any team doing anything special that we can't win.

I haven’t watched any of their matches besides the one against (Canada), but judging by their 6-6 record, wouldn’t you say they’re in bad form? :d (and we’re only a month out from the Olympics)

Of course like I said earlier, records aren’t always a good indicator of how well a team is playing…

Actually, Brazil is playing quite well today, but maybe that’s because they’ve made a whole of improvements since then. 

Edited by Josh

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

I haven’t watched any of their matches besides the one against (Canada), but judging by their 6-6 record, wouldn’t you say they’re in bad form? :d (and we’re only a month out from the Olympics)

Of course like I said earlier, records aren’t always a good indicator of how well a team is playing…

Actually, Brazil is playing quite well today, but maybe that’s because they’ve made a whole of improvements since then. 

We rotate our players in every match. I think this team that is playing against Polonia has only played against Cuba and Italy.

And I also think that Poland and Italy have had enough terrible experiences with favoritism to look down on teams like Brazil and the USA.