website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Josh

Happy to see that in the end, the quotum will most likely be decided by the result of this match and not by which opponents played at full strength and which did not. Would not be totally surprised if we were to give it away in our last match against SK.

Edited by Noorderling29

2 minutes ago, mattadders said:

By my math is official. But the commentators and the Dutch team are acting like it’s not confirmed. 

Yes, both the Dutch TV reporter and our Teletekst service say the team is almost qualified. 

7 minutes ago, mattadders said:

By my math is official. But the commentators and the Dutch team are acting like it’s not confirmed. 

What would the world rankings look like if :CAN beats :FRA 3-0 and :NED loses to :KOR 0-3?

Wouldn’t Canada then still pass the Netherlands? The gap was small between both teams before this match and :FRA is much higher rated than :KOR.

Hold on folks. I’ve just made some corrections to my calculations. And I can confirm. The media are right. It’s not official. If Canada sweep France, then somehow South Korea sweep the Netherlands, Canada would win the quota by 0.27 points. 

Edit: I believe it would also require that Italy beat South Korea later today. As a Korean upset in that match would raise their ranking enough to cause the unlikely 3-0 win over the Netherlands to not drop their ranking by as much. 

Edited by mattadders

4 minutes ago, Dennis said:

What would the world rankings look like if :CAN beats :FRA 3-0 and :NED loses to :KOR 0-3?

Wouldn’t Canada then still pass the Netherlands? The gap was small between both teams before this match and :FRA is much higher rated than :KOR.

It’s not happening lmao.

5 minutes ago, mattadders said:

Hold on folks. I’ve just made some corrections to my calculations. And I can confirm. The media are right. It’s not official. If Canada sweep France, then somehow South Korea sweep the Netherlands, Canada would win the quota by 0.27 points. 

IIRC, the Dutch team needs to win just one set?

Just now, Noorderling29 said:

IIRC, the Dutch team needs to win just one set?

Yep. I believe any of:

One  :NED set won over :KOR,

or one :FRA set won over :CAN,

or even a :KOR match win over :ITA,

would be the moments it’s clinched