website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If I'm not mistaken, Moldova is not a nation that can receive these wildcards, because they had too many athletes at the previous Olympics. I'm guessing that means for 2020 you'll have to qualify 100% based on the qualifying criteria for winning a quota..

On the good side, welcome to Totallympics :) 

At the last Olympic Games from Moldova I was always only one athlete....And Moldova gave request to the wild card.But now haven't anwsered(((

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

They can still receive a reallocated quota (which can go to any unqualified nation in shooting).

This depends on any nation declining a quota (in this case in women's 10m air rifle), no matter if it's a nation that won a quota place or a nation that got a tripartite place, right? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

This depends on any nation declining a quota (in this case in women's 10m air rifle), no matter if it's a nation that won a quota place or a nation that got a tripartite place, right? 

Can you say me , what it this A TRIPARTITE PLACE????

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There are around 30 unused quotas in shooting. Only a handful of them will go to Tripartite nations (depending on who applied), and most of the remaining quotas will go to unqualified nations who have MQS. Belgium, Lithuania and Ireland for example received a reallocated quota in 2012, and they are most certainly not Tripartite nations.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 минуту назад, dcro сказал:

There are around 30 unused quotas in shooting. Only a handful of them will go to Tripartite nations (depending on who applied), and most of the remaining quotas will go to unqualified nations who have MQS. Belgium, Lithuania and Ireland for example received a reallocated quota in 2012, and they are most certainly not Tripartite nations.

I understand you - thank you very much.....

3 minutes ago, RaileanuEcaterina said:

Can you say me , what it this A TRIPARTITE PLACE????

Those are wild cards, as far as I know only for nations that had 8 or less (individual!) athletes at the previous two Summer Olympics. Which is why you see countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan and Andorra receive those wild cards/tripartite places. 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure dcro will correct me :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

That could make things interesting for our newest Totallympics member then :mumble:

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Those are wild cards, as far as I know only for nations that had 8 or less (individual!) athletes at the previous two Summer Olympics. Which is why you see countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan and Andorra receive those wild cards/tripartite places. 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure dcro will correct me :p 

You are right. :p

#banbestmen