website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hunger v. Money. Apparently people like money...who knew? :p

I'd definitely do both though. Eat a ton on Thursday, wrap up in time and go about my normal business and then on Friday buy cheap stuff that I was looking for anyway :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'd definitely do both though. Eat a ton on Thursday, wrap up in time and go about my normal business and then on Friday buy cheap stuff that I was looking for anyway :cheer: 

Except that companies like Walmart, Target, etc. Force their employees to work after 4PM on Thanksgiving, because they’ve decided that Black Friday starts then.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

United Arab Emirates and women's rights :sick:

Nowadays women aren't even allowed anymore to kill their boyfriend, cut said boyfriend into pieces, cook the pieces and serve it with some rice as a traditional dish for Pakistani workers. What's next, not allowing them to buy vegetables?

https://www.apnews.com/aaa25600ec054b2a93b49637b4f96368?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, bestmen said:

American killed by isolated tribe on island in Andamans

North sentinel is prohibited for people , this african tribe lives there 55.000 years without any contact with world and they dont accept the strangers 

I honestly don’t know what that man thinks he was doing. I’m honestly more sad for the Sentinelese who will have more unwanted attention now. They’re happy, leave them alone. Plus they’re one of the last completely uncontacted tribes in the world. Interesting to think that as I type this on a computer, they’re just surviving using wooden tools and an unknown language.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I honestly don’t know what that man thinks he was doing. I’m honestly more sad for the Sentinelese who will have more unwanted attention now. They’re happy, leave them alone. Plus they’re one of the last completely uncontacted tribes in the world. Interesting to think that as I type this on a computer, they’re just surviving using wooden tools and an unknown language.

Well, they are not completely uncontacted by any stretch. They even received some aid from helicopters or something I believe, but indeed, they remain to be there without interaction with the outside World.

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, they are not completely uncontacted by any stretch. They even received some aid from helicopters or something I believe, but indeed, they remain to be there without interaction with the outside World.

If I'm not mistaken, they once accepted a 'gift' from some NatGeo people in the 70's, who approached them with the utmost care, bit by bit. After the 2004 tsunami a helicopter went and checked on them and they greeted it with a rain of arrows :p 

They might not be literally 100% uncontacted, they definitely didn't have any recorded sensible contact (as in, actually communicating back and forth).

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

For now. There's less and less of them and literally thousands of years of incest isn't gonna increase their survival chances..

8 hours ago, bestmen said:

American killed by isolated tribe on island in Andamans

North sentinel is prohibited for people , this african tribe lives there 55.000 years without any contact with world and they dont accept the strangers 

My reaction will be :dunno:

Life is not a video game... Don't do stupid things.... Even cats in real life don't have 9 lives....