website statistics

Ice Hockey Discussion | Qualification to Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Road to Milano-Cortina 2026

Totallympics

14 hours ago, Josh said:

Because Russia earned their ticket through combined results at the last two World Chamipionships, and Belarus didn't ;)

Yeah, well, not really.

They did not play last 3 worlds and yet still earn points gratis for Bronze medal place because of their standing on the IIHF ranking.

I know, if they played they would likely won the points themselves easily, but, the fact is they did not and still received huge points for doing nothing. Not really fair towards others.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

you sure ? :d

Finland has 1 silver and 3 bronzes with NHL players, Russia has 1 silver and 1 bronze (and nothing after 2002).

Bring back the 1991 borders

18 minutes ago, vovanA said:

Finland has 1 silver and 3 bronzes with NHL players, Russia has 1 silver and 1 bronze (and nothing after 2002).

I know that.

I pointed just that Finland´s only gold was at the non-NHL tournament in 22. That´s all, It is obvious that for europeans the better is the non-NHL olympics, we also had better games when NHLers were not allowed like in Lillehammer or Beijing with only rare successes in NHL tournaments like in Vancouver or Czechs in Nagano.

But, from overall side, I still will want a best on best tournament with NHLers at any time over a better chance of success withouth them.

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I know that.

I pointed just that Finland´s only gold was at the non-NHL tournament in 22. That´s all, It is obvious that for europeans the better is the non-NHL olympics, we also had better games when NHLers were not allowed like in Lillehammer or Beijing with only rare successes in NHL tournaments like in Vancouver or Czechs in Nagano.

But, from overall side, I still will want a best on best tournament with NHLers at any time over a better chance of success withouth them.

I only responede to Josh that Russian NHL players can't prepare properly for a short time, other teams always do it better. and in 2026 it would probably be the same if Russia qualifies. for sure non-NHL Olympics is a better option for Europeans

Bring back the 1991 borders