website statistics

Mediterranean Beach Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

With 7 golds in two days, Italy is forcefully back in the race for first place in the medal table. Probably a lot will depend on bech volleyball, but it will be very interesting between Italy and Greece.

Top 3 medal table:

1. :GRE 12-8-8
  2. :ESP 12-0-5 
  3. :ITA 10-13-10

20 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm watching the ocean rowing stream... what would be the difference with costal rowing?

I focused a bit more on the actual paddling than sprinting/getting in the boat :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

With 7 events left (3 finswimming, 2 beach tennis, 2 beach volley):

1. :GRE 13-9-8
  2. :ESP 12-0-5
  3. :ITA 10-13-12

I still think that "15" will be the magic number. Greece need to win two golds in the remaining 3 finswimming events. Otherwise, Italy have an huge chances (it will probably depends by men's beach volley)

Italy is facing more difficulties than expected in beach tennis, and it is still favored in both doubles, but securing the medal count victory is no longer a sure thing as it seemed. Italy will still have 3/4 finals for gold (one of which has already been won, women's beach volleyball) and needs to win at least 2 golds to surpass Greece, or 3 if the Greeks were to win the finswimming relay.

As of now, I'd say:

80% Italy

20% Greece

Edited by Gianlu33